Will this work in my kitchen?
bcnebunch
We're planning to replace our corian countertops with New Venetian Gold granite and an ivory subway tile. We have bordeaux cherry cabinets, and the wall color is SW pavillion beige. How do you think the granite and backsplash will go in our traditional kitchen? We're wanting to go with a light granite vs. the dark green countertops we have now. Where should the backsplash come up to in the window area? We're planning to go all the way up to the top cabinets in the other two areas. Do you have other suggestions? Below are pictures of our kitchen along with a collage of the cabinet color with the granite and backsplash.
That is a beautiful kitchen. I like your granite and backsplash choices, too. My inclination is to keep backsplash height all the same. That said, I don't understand why you are going to the top of the cabinets in two other areas. I would go to the bottom of the cabinets and finish the edge where there are no cabinets with a trim tile.
July 15, 2014 at 3:03PM     
bcnebunch
I'm sorry, I meant the backsplash would go all the way up to meet the bottom of the top cabinets. Make more sense?
July 15, 2014 at 3:13PM     
Sagent Builders
Really nice selections.
July 15, 2014 at 6:41PM     
bcnebunch
Oh, and most likely change to SS appliances. Good choice?
July 15, 2014 at 7:20PM     
asquithoatley
Sounds beautiful - love your choices.
July 15, 2014 at 7:28PM   
Makes a lot more sense. So just continue that same height all the way around.
July 15, 2014 at 7:43PM     
bcnebunch
Would it look off if the backsplash went all the way up in the window inset but only went to meet the top cabinets where we have them? Or, would you keep it the same height all the way around where it would come up to the bottom 1/4 of the windows? Or, just a 4" piece of granite for the backsplash in this area only?
July 18, 2014 at 5:42AM   
I would keep the backsplash the same height all around for a more cohesive look. I'm not sure what you mean about going up to the window inset, but I wouldn't go to the top of the windows--too institutional-looking--and I wouldn't stop at the bottom of the windows; that would just look odd.

As for the 4" granite backsplash, eliminate it all the way around. It does nothing but chop up the wall. Have your subway tile backsplash go from the top of the counter to the bottom of the cabinets all the way around.

Look closely at the windows in the photos below; you can see they've carried the backsplash across at the same height all around.
Kitchen Transformation
Ranch Remodel Kitchen
Jenny Rausch
July 18, 2014 at 7:28AM     
bcnebunch
Thank you for the photos and your input. I agree that it will look better with the backsplash the same height all the way around.
July 18, 2014 at 7:37AM   
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Front door
Hi. Wanted to ask you guys if the front door has to...
I need ideas for chairs to go with a table i fell in love with
Here is the table. Medium brown /w/ a golden swirling...
Please help me pick a exterior color for my log cabin!
I've had it for a year and I still have to figure out...
5 effective ways to upgrade your bathroom effortlessly
From changing the bathroom interiors to adding modern...