Closet doors
sshrafiq
I have a reach in closet and the doors are French door 36 inch each, which I think take a lot of space when opened, the house is still in the process of building, so we have the option of changing. Any advise about what to do. The closet space is 72 inches in total.
Terri Hohl at Mc Carran Place LOWE'S,Las Vegas,NV
you could do a bypass where you access 1/2 the closet at a time. Or a bifold door that would project out only 1/2 as much.
July 15, 2014 at 7:55PM     
Gina
I would not recommend sliders as they only allow you to see half of your closet at a time. there are the pocket doors but it doesn't look like you have enough wall room for those. The only other option I can come up with are bi-fold doors. .
July 15, 2014 at 7:58PM     
S&A Decor
how about u make them sliding doors instead? they can be mirror or u can put wall mural kinda like in here
July 15, 2014 at 7:59PM     
sshrafiq
I was thinking about sliding doors, but my contractor says having two sliding doors there is always a portion which is not accessible. How about 3 doors?
July 15, 2014 at 8:00PM   
tres0422
What is to the right of the closet.....I've been digging barn doors with fancy nickel hardware.....the door could be made to look like one of those fancy tall mirrors with a dark wood frame. Maybe broken into two doors that look like tall framed mirrors.....
July 15, 2014 at 8:02PM   
ppf.
Bypass or bi-fold doors.
July 15, 2014 at 8:08PM   
S&A Decor
sure, 3 doors r fine
July 15, 2014 at 8:08PM     
sshrafiq
What are by-pass doors, is it same as sliding
July 15, 2014 at 8:14PM   
sshrafiq
My son is almost 2, and it's his room, with bifold i am a little worried about him getting his fingers stuck. I also want to know for the resale value what is the best option
July 15, 2014 at 8:19PM   
inpdx
I dislike our mirrored sliding doors with a passion and am contemplating replacing with bifolds, as our space won't accommodate French doors. Can you tell I'm jealous of your doors?
July 15, 2014 at 9:20PM     
S&A Decor
here is what u can do with dypass doors
July 15, 2014 at 9:29PM     
They only pinch their fingers once! But Bypass ( sliding) doors are probably more durable. As far as resale bifold offers more access as a childs,guest,office.
July 15, 2014 at 9:37PM     
sshrafiq
Thank you for all the help, we went with bypass/sliders, but instead of doing two 36 inch sliders we went with three 24 inch each sliders which gives more opening. I'm hoping it will look good. We went with the same look of the doors.
July 16, 2014 at 7:46PM     
Perfect Idea! 3 tracks! I will have to see if we can special order something like that. What will the doors look like?
July 16, 2014 at 8:16PM   
Advise and Opinion
What do you think of mine compared to their, and what...
4 & 5 year old brother & sister share a room
beige and neutral walls and the dimensions are 11x13....
What would you put on these windows?
I love the open window look in my breakfast room during...
Help with Mantle Decor
We recently put an addition on our home - it's kind...
Should the cabinets stay or go?
Please excuse the mess! There is plenty of storage...