Picking Neutral Paint Colors
janetrw
July 18, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Hi. So picking paint colors makes me want to stick a fork in my eyeballs so I need some help! We have a small 2-story house (less than 1500 square feet). All the rooms get lots of light. I am not good at matching colors so was thinking of painting the house one color and then going a shade lighter or darker in a few rooms. Recently I went into a cake shop that was painted with Valspar Homestead Resort Cameo White. I loved it! But there isn't very much information on the web about people using it and that worries me. Also, I have no idea what colors to match it to. Does anyone have any experience with this color? If not, should I be afraid to try it out...I really don't want to have to repaint yet again!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisask12
I'm no expert, but if you have time, consider buying a quart of this color and paint a section of a wall or a piece of cardboard that you can move around to see how the color looks at various times during the day. There really is no way to tell how a color will look in the light and with other components of your room (flooring, for example) without trying it.
0 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 7:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
howellmsue
High end paint stores usually have professionals there that are willing to help you.
0 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Please help! How can I add to this room to make it seem more feminine
I started out with these chairs that are black framing...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
I can't seem to commit to a dining room set please help
I feel like mama and the bears... this one is too soft,...
Help with kitchen
Buying a new house thinking we like dark cabinets but...
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™