Picking Neutral Paint Colors
janetrw
Hi. So picking paint colors makes me want to stick a fork in my eyeballs so I need some help! We have a small 2-story house (less than 1500 square feet). All the rooms get lots of light. I am not good at matching colors so was thinking of painting the house one color and then going a shade lighter or darker in a few rooms. Recently I went into a cake shop that was painted with Valspar Homestead Resort Cameo White. I loved it! But there isn't very much information on the web about people using it and that worries me. Also, I have no idea what colors to match it to. Does anyone have any experience with this color? If not, should I be afraid to try it out...I really don't want to have to repaint yet again!
lisask12
I'm no expert, but if you have time, consider buying a quart of this color and paint a section of a wall or a piece of cardboard that you can move around to see how the color looks at various times during the day. There really is no way to tell how a color will look in the light and with other components of your room (flooring, for example) without trying it.
0 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 7:37PM
howellmsue
High end paint stores usually have professionals there that are willing to help you.
0 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 8:18PM
Please help! How can I add to this room to make it seem more feminine
I started out with these chairs that are black framing...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
I can't seem to commit to a dining room set please help
I feel like mama and the bears... this one is too soft,...
Help with kitchen
Buying a new house thinking we like dark cabinets but...