help! need alternative to a lazy susan because somehow we only have 32
Melissa Metcalf
we are getting ready to order cabinets and somehow when we remeasured everything, we only have 32 inches from the dishwasher to the corner. The other wall is available for base cabinets for 116in, wall is 35.5in to a window...please help
our layout is basically an L shape with an island
You may think I"m crazy, but we intentionally avoided designing our kitchen with a lazy susan because we can actually fit more into our blind cupboard (like yours, the corner of an L next to a sink) than we could into any lazy susan configuration we measured. We have a small kitchen, so using this cupboard for less frequently used items (big Thanksgiving roasting pans, etc.) was the most efficient option.
1 Like   July 23, 2014 at 3:19PM
brunetta4u
You could do two 16 inch cabinets- one without door for baking pans perhaps; make shallow open shelves
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 3:25PM
Melissa Metcalf
Thank you feeny. My husband suggested the blind corner but I was thinking it would be hard to reach into. So you don't seem to have trouble?
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 4:45PM
Romero Construction Inc.
Melissa
Have you looked into the Hafele Magic Corner hardware? http://www.hafele.com/us/products/blind-corner-pullout-base-corner-lemans-corner-magic-corner-pull-out.asp.
Not sure of your exact layout but it is a great product.
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 4:51PM
I have no trouble reaching into ours, though I usually sit on the floor if I'm getting something out from the blind section of the bottom shelf. In our case the entire storage space is 38" wide x 24" deep and the cabinet door that gives access to the space is 14" wide.
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 6:22PM
adivra
I have a blind corner, too. My contractor said it was too small an area to make customizing $ worthwhile. I purchased two 20" portable lazy susans ($40.00) and it's working well for me.
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 6:53PM
Melissa Metcalf
Thank you everyone!
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 7:14PM
River Valley Cabinet Works
Some cabinet companies make an offset leg "EZ reach", a square corner cabinet usually with the doors joined in the corner with a piano hinge.
1 Like   July 23, 2014 at 9:04PM
condomary
@Romero, can those units be installed as a retro-fit, or do they have to be installed in new construction? i.e. Does the counter top have to be removed to install.
0 Likes   July 23, 2014 at 9:44PM
Romero Construction Inc.
The can be added as a retrofit.
1 Like   July 25, 2014 at 12:22PM
eileenwagner
@ Romero, do you think the blind corner pullout allows for more storage than a lazy Susan? I was thinking of just getting a blind corner to allow for more storage with items I barely use.
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:10AM
Romero Construction Inc.
Blind corner with shelves will definitely provide the most space for storage. Pull out will give up storage space for convenience of retrieval. We tend to gravitate to the pull out as it is a nice feature and the corner doors for the Lazy Susan tend to give us problems over time. For absolute maximum storage, Lazy Susan is the way to go.
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 9:18AM
eileenwagner
Thanks Romero
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 7:10PM
Need Ideas
I would like to get ideas for a glass block walk in...
fisherlady53
Help with exterior ideas
We are purchasing this home and should close on it...
Amy Brooks
My beautiful red leather furniture now sits under two sky lights and i
My once beautiful rich red leather furniture is fading...
lizwade51
need help with a outside dead wall
We are almost finished building our new house and we...
kevinhitge
merging 2 coops
I am considering purchasing the studio next to mine...
Avi Levine