MASTER BEDROOM CONFUSION...HELP!!
pansy2
My master bedroom is painted Dulux Beige Royale and am waiting for new blinds to be fitted. There will be double roller blinds on the smaller windows in stone blockout with a sheer blind fitted underneath. The sliding glass doors open to deck and are being fitted with panel glide blinds in stone blockout. My bedhead is a beautiful carved timber 4 piece screen which fits between the small windows. The carpet is a lovely milk chocolate plush. So far I am happy. I need to buy a new super king quilt cover and decorator items..lamps etc. I have 2 timber butler trays my dad built for me which need painting but don't know what colour to paint them yet.
I am very drawn to a florence broadhurst quilt cover called cranes in coral..sort of japanese look which i like. All advice would be appreciated.
Patricia Colwell
I would stain your night tables the same as your head board and you need really quite large lamps . I love the bedding I think will look awesome. Are those little tables the ones you want for night tables if so they are all wrong for this space, they are way too small and too low I would try to find another home for those but not here.
July 24, 2014 at 6:33AM     
I would put matching rectangular night stands with large matching lamps. Like in this photo, with the mirrors representing your windows;)

July 24, 2014 at 6:51AM     
pansy2
those night tables look amazing thankyou.
July 24, 2014 at 1:27PM   
pansy2
Patricia thankyou, no the small round tables were only there until i found what i needed. thankyou for your advice about the staining and opinion on my choice of bedding, I have been wavering over it for months.
July 24, 2014 at 1:29PM   
felixgrantham
I like the color/pattern of the spread a lot. However, as a practical matter - and only you can answer these questions - consider whether a white back ground is practical for your lifestyle. Also, with bedspreads, I always consider how much they will wrinkle (or not) when actually used on a bed! Some people like the well-used look. Given the neatness of your current room, I'm guessing a mussed spread would make you nuts.
July 24, 2014 at 1:39PM   
14thstreet
I have a white duvet, two small kids and a husband and I get by just fine. :) I love the brightness and freshness it brings to the look of my room.

That said, I really like your choice of bedding.
July 24, 2014 at 1:46PM   
Duvet is great. You have beautiful taste. Keep going with the Asian theme for bedside lamps.
26" Red Crowned Cranes Vase Lamp
Sophisticated Silver Crane Table Lamp
July 24, 2014 at 1:50PM   
14thstreet
In place of the vertical blinds, long white cream or white curtain panels would be really lovely on the windows as well. Hang them as close to the ceiling as you can.
July 24, 2014 at 1:55PM   
pansy2
judyg desgns thankyou for helping me decide to go with the duvet which i loved. Love the lamps and will definitely try to find something similar.
July 24, 2014 at 3:12PM   
pansy2
the vertical blinds are going and being replaced with a sheer blind and a blockout blind. The sheer gives the impression of a japanese paper, and will be open during the day and blockout down at night.
July 24, 2014 at 3:15PM   
pansy2
oh forgot to say the background of the duvet is actually linen colour so not stark white. It has a sateen finish so should not be wrinkly because as discerned felixgrantham I hate messy. Probably why I am drawn to japanese themes.
July 24, 2014 at 3:18PM   
To paint or not to paint? Help!
We are debating painting our kitchen cupboards antique...
To paint or not to paint? Help please!
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
House exterior
Hello, I'm looking for ideas on how to update the exterior...