living room wall
wmal
I am not sure what to do with this large living room wall. The tv is the main focus but I wonder if I need a picture to the right, in the large blank spot. The antique Rail Road clock is cool and lights up! I attached a photo of the fireplace which is in the same room. My sofa is earth tone brown with red accent pillows. My home is in the country and I am trying to create a rustic feel. Thanks!!!
Try moving some of the pictures around the fireplace area and spread them out more along the T.V. wall.
1 Like   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 8:04AM
Lainie D'Eon
Please post pictures of all "4 walls" of the living room. This will make the suggestions easier.

Need to visually declutter the fireplace wall. It is too heavy in comparison to the opposite Tv wall.The stone pattern is very busy... so need items on the mantle that are less busy. The flower print are lovely but too busy.. would be great on another wall.. suggestions can be made when we see all walls.

The clock would look great on the plain wall on the left hand side of the fireplace about where the top shelf is.

Lamp & table next to the window is too crowded.. suggestion for placement can be made after seeing all walls.

What is the texture on the walls.. is it wallpaper?
0 Likes   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 8:46AM
Gray & Walter, Ltd.
Nothing please. The TV is enough. You have too much jammed on that wall. It is not a good look. A pair of bookcases would be fine.
0 Likes   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 9:01AM
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
I suggest leaving the TV wall the way it is. As for the fireplace area, try to remove a few pictures as it looks too cluttered. Lessening the display pieces will be more pleasing and nice to look at. Good Luck!
0 Likes   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 9:11AM
dala3905
A tall book case where you have the table lamp would be nice. I think you need something in that area with a larger scale than the current piece. That would visually be more pleasing, to have higher items on both sides of the tv.
0 Likes   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 9:18AM
felixgrantham
I think a tall plant under the clock would help soften the wall.

If you can move the 2 ottomons somewhere else in the room, it would make the TV wall look less like a police line-up. Or, put them both together on the left side.

Hang the grill sideways above the TV & move the smaller mantle picture & hang above the chest to the right of the TV. Center the chest on the wall.
0 Likes   Thanked by wmal    July 24, 2014 at 9:21AM
Lainie D'Eon
wmal.. how is your furniture positioned.. do you have end tables by the sofa/ chairs where you can use lamps or is that lamp by the TV the only one in the room?
0 Likes   July 24, 2014 at 9:57AM
Lainie D'Eon
Oops .. now see an end table by the sofa but maybe no access to a plug because sofa is not on a wall.
Are there any other possibilities for furniture placement . Can't see if you have a chair in the room. Perhaps the TV on the wall to the left hand side of the fireplace & the sofa on the TV walls. Then you would be able to place the end table next to the sofa & use the lamp on it... then the room could be more balanced. You have 2 focal points .. TV & fireplace.. which are on opposite sides of the room.
1 Like   July 24, 2014 at 10:08AM
vjs12
I would purchase a rustic tv wall unit to fill the large wall and balance out the room. Here's what I mean but not a traditional one like this is.
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 10:28AM
Modern house
Would you take this house?
Miss
need help to organize under the stairs
we have space under the stairs used to store tools,...
Ma Lourdes Sare
Home Office - Clashing over colors
I'm really having a problem with paint colors to bring...
alysin
Need DESPERATE HELP for dining room and living room
I moved into my first house last year and am a single...
schmoo11
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc