Tile Flooring Question
jk_online
Does anyone know of a product I could put on Porcelain tile that would give it a wet look? I hate the tile in my kitchen and replacing it with wood would be too costly right now. I think I would be able to tolerate it if it had a wet look. The tile is Mannington, Tuscan Valley, Adobe Sunset. Flooring Experts...any ideas?
hayleydaniels
No, but I think your tile is gorgeous!
July 24, 2014 at 12:38PM     
Cancork Floor Inc.
Contact Mannington to find out if they have a "polish" that can be added/used with their tiles that offers a higher gloss. You have plenty of texture in this space. Adding higher gloss = more texture = more dirt is visible.

Your floor is an excellent compliment to the satin finish of the metal on the stools, the SS appliances is satin (lower gloss), the cabinetry = satin finish and the island = satin. The counter tops = gloss/high gloss.

Here is another fact you may want to consider: higher gloss allows certain colours to "pop". For some products this doesn't matter. For my cork, it really enhances "orange"! Great if you like orange...not so great if you are trying to avoid 'orange'. The grays in you floor will "deepen", the yellows will glow a bit more and the orange/peach will become stronger. If this is desirable then go ahead and try to find a polish (it will have to be added to your cleaning routine every few months as an "add on" product) that Mannington approves.

There are personality types out there (they often don't know they fall into this category UNTIL after they purchase a low gloss floor) who REALLY LIKE SHINY! They don't feel anything is "clean" unless it is "shiny". They will clean and clean and clean because they MUST HAVE the shiny look. I've seen this personally type STRIP THE FINISH off of low gloss/satin flooring because they over cleaned. Take a minute to decide which category you fall into and then go from there.

Personally and professionally, the satin finish looks very good. Satin/low gloss finishes are 'trending' for flooring = fashionable. To change this will require a polish (could make the floor VERY SLIPPERY) or you have to rip it out and buy a higher gloss product OR you enjoy it for what it is = fashionably "low gloss".
July 24, 2014 at 1:42PM        Thanked by jk_online
jk_online
A lot to think about Cancork Floor Inc.! The pic makes it look more orange then it really is. When I clean it, I really like the look when it's wet. It seems to deepen the color like you say and makes it look more like cobblestone after it rains. When it dries, it's very dull. I will contact Mannington to see what they have. Thank you for all the info!
July 24, 2014 at 2:14PM     
Read this article. It may help. The paragraph about product choices is pretty clear on what to use. http://homeguides.sfgate.com/high-gloss-finish-vinyl-floor-95534.html
July 24, 2014 at 2:23PM   
hayleydaniels
I have a mosiac tile floor with grays, tans and a touch of orange, and I have to admit I prefer how it looks wet so I understand where you're coming from. Cancork's info is also great!
July 24, 2014 at 2:36PM   
Very Small German bath in L shape
I need to fit in a shower cabin, sink, toilet and sink...
Over the toilet cabinet??? Good or bad design???
Over the toilet cabinet good or bad design? Is it out...
Need help designing 8x 11 bathroom
....the toilet is already in another area of its own...
Old Nantucket lantern
Repurposing this lantern from my MIL's foyer where...