Need Ideas for this eat-in kitchen
orlamcs
Kitchen is 13'9" x 9'10"
Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
Are you remodeling?
    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:38AM
hendrixwebb
A long rug running the length of the kitchen could add color and lead the eye to the glass door. If you also hung a plant or two either inside or outside the door, it would add a natural element. Those are the two things I would do right away other than paint.
    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:01AM
debs2max
Definitely paint add some colorful decorative stuff on those shelves together with what you originally planned to store there.... The rug could look nice but I personally don't really like rugs in the kitchen I think it's a bit hazardous when your moving around cooking..... Plus if something falls stains and harder to clean.... But maybe a runner on the table...
    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 3:34PM
Iconic Deco - Interior Design
You are missing some cabinets but I understand this is the kitchen right now! First you will need to change your light-to a nice chandelier maybe that will make the kitchen look classy and elegant. Don't know about the style of the rest of the house but...still.. You can add some extra cabinets if you like in white color. If you can, paint all cabinets white or black lacquer. I would suggest also 2 roman blinds for the door.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 3:56PM
bgfuqua
you need to tell us what you wish to do. total remodel, cosmetic touches, new ?, paint, etc.
    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 5:10PM
Deborah Couvillion
Total remodel! Needs cabinets! and counters for food prep. Is that a clothes washer on back left? Or dishwasher? Galley kitchens are not for dining in unless you have a set up similar to what you have already except counter height built in.
    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 6:08PM
Modern Craftsman and Presidio Residence provide ample dining in a galley space, as do many other galley arrangements. These were selected to show French doors but I deliberately showed two with dining since you said it was an "eat-in" kitchen.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 7:18PM
Hal Braswell
Well designed galley kitchens are great. IF you are going to do a total gut job there are several options to change functionality.

1) if washer can be relocated to different room, that area would work great for lengthwise seating similar to a pic posted above.

2) work in DW, saving space by using a single bowl sink if necessary.

3) lose the staggered shelving above the sink, either wall cabinets or open shelves on top of one another.

4) update range and add hood.

5) move fridge closer to range and add cabinets where table is now.

Here is rendering of main wall in our galley kitchen now under remodeling.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 1:01AM
orlamcs
Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys. Im thinking maybe new/updating the cabinets and counter and maybe new flooring. It's currently vinyl covering and quite worn. I was thinking of maybe tiling it? The dining situation is the part that I'm really struggling with!Unfortunately there's nowhere else to store appliances or for dining.
    Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 6:55AM
anniau
I would move the table to the window end of the room for view out and light while you eat .
Perhaps turn it 90 degrees if that would work with the door opening. You may be able to seat 4.
Make the rest of the right hand wall - about half of it a floor to ceiling wall of built in storage including the fridge. Suggest deep drawers for lower and double door pantry cupboards sitting above.
The left hand wall in a long line of counter top with the cooker, sink, washing machine, lower cupboards or drawers. Tile backsplash along whole wall and two long open shelves plus art.
Definitely replace the flooring - timber or even black and white checkerboard.
    Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 7:15AM
hendrixwebb
If it is possible, you could remove part of the wall where you have the dining table. It could give you an area to comfortably dine. Another option could be an expandable table with a bench that can be stored underneath or stools. Also, I would consider a nice modernish track light to replace the current light. It would be easy to install yourself and would provide considerably more light.
    Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 8:51AM
allgranite
You might grab some good ideas from here::

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 11:26AM
Need help for eat-in kitchen/dining/entry
We are moving into a new home shortly and I have NO...
Nichole Groshek_Shave
Need to update a wall in my eat-in dining area when I re-do my kitchen
I have a large entry area adjacent to my front door...
Lori Raymond
Need ideas for eat-in kitchen area
Our kitchen is a U-shape with big island in the middle....
arope
Eat-in kitchen
Hey it's me again! 80's colonial homeowner. We have...
takemethere
Open concept kitchen/eat-in/family room paint color
Just wanted to gather some opinions. I want to paint...
Audra 5909
yyy
yuu
test
Sitting room lighting
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for lighting for our sitting...
brynna2112
Improve the exterior of this house
How would you improve the exterior of this house? ...
kktalker
exterior of home
the side opposite the garage just looks a little odd....
elbatiste
Need Help for my Living room
I bought ashley platinum sofa set consist of 3+2+2...
pity30002000