Already got exterior colors but not sure if I made the right choice
siddilous
My wife chose sherwin Williams Indigo Batik (SW7602), Leather bound (SW 6118) and Toasted Pine nut (SW 7696) but now she is not sure how to make them work together. In the photo we were adding the colours using Sherwin Williams visualiser but we stopped at this point. We already bought the brown trim and the blue paint and the painter is ready, Please help. Really wish we knew about Houzz sooner
jlplatts
Question: do you love the blue? Maybe you could darken a shade or two?
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 11:50AM
annmarie2
What about swapping the blue and the dark brown? I see water in the background, so having blue trim all around may be less startling than one chunk of it at a time.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 11:52AM
siddilous
JlPlatts, she wants to make the blue work somewhere in there so maybe we could darken like you suggested, thanks
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 11:56AM
mpoulsom
have you tried using the visualizer painting the whole base of the house in the blue?
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:02PM
mpoulsom
or use your browns and light browns on the base of the house and use blue for the front door. I would not even entertain the idea of a red door for this house.........doesn't fit in my opinion with everything else.

]
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:09PM
Here's the solution - this is an island sort of house .. you clearly already have a fun mash of ideas going on here . . carribean house i'm guessing . . too bad that the aluminum windows are really not paintable - the white house with the blue doors is really charming. . .

With stucco, it is hard to go blue. Stucco ideally is a color of stone you find in nature . . more of a blue gray could work - and sw might be able to add black to get you closer to a tone like sw slate tile http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7624-slate-tile/
Slate tile is actually lighter than indigo batik by just a touch - but with more gray . . mixing your indigo into a bunch of slate tile paint should work just fine ..

then you would (with white windows), use the blue everywhere on the exterior, use the white on the trim around the windows, railings in back,
Use the leatherbound on the blockwall at the back, on the back columns that support the railing columns - Use the leatherbound also on the front door and sidelights - don't use it on the corner coins - just on the garage door (things that should be real wood but aren't)
On the coins, get a deeper gray blue just for a tad of contrast - sw gale force is best option
]
put white trim right up to the brown fascia -

With a blue and white house, since you have the brown going on, best to stick to these three. If you want a red front door, try to resist - add some red rocking chairs on the back porch. . .
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:16PM
Jennifer Hogan
First it is not balanced.
With the blue water I may add a little blue as accents, but not large blobs just to have the color.

It is hard to visualize with the picture already painted with the blue.

You also have the bright red door that is not attached to the color scheme of the home (can be corrected with some red flowers when the home is complete).

Think of the red and blue like the tie to your white and brown suit. Just enough color to bring things to life.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:30PM
Jennifer Hogan
Thinking of the rails in the back of the home and maybe the trim on the deck wall over the garage and the trim above the 2nd story window. Add blue flowers or small wall decor along side the front door.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:37PM
Jennifer Hogan
More is not always better, sometimes it is just more.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 12:38PM
ptmatthews
At first I thought the blue was too much, but looking at it more, I like it around the second story window. I would use the blue there and on the railing insert and the front of the garage and do the rest of the house in the light color. Then I would do ALL the trim in brown, and I would not do a red door.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 1:20PM
siddilous
Thanks for all the suggestions so far
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 2:07PM
New formal living room table
I just bought a new coffee table for my formal LR....
Help select a glam wallpaper and paint
Here's our working in progress dining room. I need...
Is 4 ft 6 inches enough room for heavy foot traffic?
I need to adjust the size and placement of my kitchen...
Help with garage/curb appeal
We have a 1955 ranch. We need help with the street-side...
1BR 28 sq.m. Condo
Hi everyone! This is my first investment, and I am...