Stain or paint black stairs?
connolmj
I have a natural-stained oak staircase that I am redecorating in black and white. Do you recommend I paint or stain the oak stair wood black? I want to have the risers and baseboard a BM white and the treads black; the hand railing will be black but the balusters painted white. I'm thinking the newel posts should also be white, like the balusters, but think the cap or top of the newel post should probably be black. The stairs open to an oak hallway that I think should probably be black also, to be consistent, but am concerned about the wear and tear on the floor and not sure it's necessary. I will have a runner up the middle of the stairs so not too worried about the stairs chipping but am concerned about the hallway. Thank you for your help!
hayleydaniels
Can you post some pictures so we can see what you're talking about. You'll get a lot more responses with pictures.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 4:14PM
How to light this dining room?
When I look on Houzz at Dining Room lighting, very...
Area rug?
This is a small alcove in the front of our house. ...
Chandelier ideas please
I am looking for a new chandelier and would love to...
Mixing metals in bathroom
We bought a spec home and were able to make some selections,...