We cannot find a rug to save our lives.
gatayperro
I even switched up the sofa and added new pillow, curtains. and I still cannot find a good rug, I have dark brazilian floors.
1. I threw a curtain on the side. I need to know where to find a rug -and what color paint and where to get it.
2. same sofa, ther picture, pillows.
Would love to find a rug and curtains and paint that would go with both. I just cannot find what Im looking for int he store. I wish I could take pillow and have its rug.
dcarr4285
Look at a pier 1 jute rugs, maybe a soft earth tone (tan) for walls. I would only do blue as pops of colors like vases, candles, pic frames.
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 27, 2014 at 4:41PM
beachlily
Look at joss and main. Hay needle. Wayfair. All great sites with lots of rug choices .
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 27, 2014 at 4:56PM
rosiegabby
How about something like this?

0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 27, 2014 at 5:11PM
gatayperro
My ibig problem is if they dont match, how will I return it to online stores. I did look at pier1...
http://www.pier1.com/Ombre-Rugs---Peacock/PS34917,default,pd.html?cgid=8x10-rugs
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 5:28PM
gatayperro
wait, so where can I buy these? I need a good one. Im actually a bit color blind
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 5:30PM
beachlily
Do you have a Marshall's Home Goods near you? IKEA?
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 5:43PM
adivra
Yes, this set up cries out for a natural fiber rug.
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 6:29PM
gatayperro
I have been to marshalls, homegoods, rug gallery, ikea, target, jcpenny. for the past year- I had a baby at same time. JCpenny we bought a biege rug but it looked so plain. we bought many many rugs and just didnt do it jujstice. im afraid the perfect rug will be $$$$$

, Advira do you mean a rough one like this? We have a baby so we want something soft, he falls on the hardwood and its scary....also have a cat who scratches stuff up soemtime... http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/nuLOOM-Handmade-Alexa-Eco-Natural-Fiber-Cotton-Border-Jute-Rug-8-x-10/4465931/product.html
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 8:00PM
gatayperro
THis one is 550 plus tax at pier 1-anyone have a promo code? http://www.pier1.com/Ombre-Rugs---Peacock/PS34917,default,pd.html?cgid=8x10-rugs
2 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 8:01PM
adivra
Baby equals no natural fiber. Your best bet is a 100% wool rug and it will cost. You have to watch for sales. If you live near a PB, C&B outlet or Tuesday Morning you might get lucky.
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 8:16PM
I like overstock for wool rugs for high quality and best value - Your colors aren't so unique that we can't find a good option in wool there. What size is the right size here? 8 x 10?
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 8:22PM
hayleydaniels
Why don't you call the customer support lines of the stores you want to order from and find out about their return policy?

You might also check with Home Depot about special ordering a rug for you as they sell rugs. At least you might be able to see a sample of the rug to get an idea of the color and quality.
0 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 8:23PM
MarleneM
There is a lot of blue in your store selections, kinda like you went around the store and picked up everything that was the same blue as the art. I think it would look better to replace the leaf pillows with some that have yellow or orange in them to contrast, and then patterned curtains. If I were to choose major items in a room like a rug and art that are solid or bright colour, then I like to pick accessorizing items that have more pattern and colour, or have mostly neutrals and then small pops of colour. This gives more interest.
If you like the rug in rosiegabbys pic as I do, I found some stripes on Houzz.
[houzz=Flat Weave Stripe Pattern Blue Wool Handmade Rug - CC07, 10x14]
[houzz=Abstract Pattern Gray /Black Indoor/ Outdoor Rug - CO08, 7.6x9.6]
[houzz=Coastal Spaces]
2 Likes   July 27, 2014 at 8:27PM
hayleydaniels
Marlene makes a good point about having too much of the same color.

One thing I think makes a house a home is having a variety of furnishings gathered over the years rather than going out and buying everything in a furniture showroom display.
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 8:34PM
The peacock, green and cream is lovely but it may be time to begin introducing different shades of blue-green . .. some softer turquoise . . The most versatile rug would be green, because it will be a nice neutral backdrop for this and work in the future with more things. . . and with a babe you usually want a pattern to hide stuff. If you stop looking for the exact peacock shade and instead look at soft neutral blue green and green rugs, you can find something that will harmonize with your strong tones.
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 27, 2014 at 9:37PM
gladagain
Do you live near a living space store? They have tons of rugs! Patterns od solids whatever you are looking for.
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 27, 2014 at 11:09PM
Luvof Art
Depending on the height of your windows, decorative cloth shower curtains often offer more in the variety of color and design then traditional curtains. Don't be afraid to step outside of conservative or traditional design ideas!

Or... Look for bolts of material in you hues, and drape your color over a few brackets, while utilizing some airy white sheers for more privacy.

As for rugs, I recall when a design called for a deep purple rug. The stores didn't carry them, and online was outside of the budget. I checked our local used ads constantly. (Kijiji/craigslist) and haunted resale shops until I finally found one. Keep looking!

Or... Try a bamboo or canvas alternative you can paint and seal exactly as you envisioned for your space. The natural materials of either would suit our beach/ocean design nicely.
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 28, 2014 at 6:28AM
AnAhitA Nazari
Ok Lets Start with rug Sisal from HomeGoods 4x6 49.00 next lets go to Lamp dept and add mercury Glass ;\Lamp with hemp shade in Natural 49.00 now some dried Greenery In a Vase anchor them with Color Stones , now as to the Curtains..sigh I buy Painters Drop Cloths They are heavy Duty and very Large and make a Generous lush curtain for 25.99 and when you tire of that curtain or Rug they have fabric Pens and you can draw large scale Fern Leaves as to Paint Try Ombre Walls you start with either Medium beige Glidden Paint and then tale a sponge and incorporate the Blues from Painting in thinned paint , Cost Total 100.00
0 Likes   July 28, 2014 at 9:33AM
gatayperro
We bought the yeloow a year ago. just bought slip covers and new pillos]-][last ][week
.l[pk.l;=-0.,
0 Likes   July 30, 2014 at 6:06PM
Rugknots Oriental Rugs
A teal or blue over dyed or Patchwork will also look nice.
0 Likes   July 30, 2014 at 6:23PM
chemayne
One to complement the soft furnishings and the second to pick up the teal notes in the art and accent pillows.
Momeni Sensations Sen7 Sand Rug
Campbell Laird FM7157-8SQ Forum Rug
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    July 31, 2014 at 6:15AM
Rugknots Oriental Rugs
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 8:49AM
gatayperro
Luv of art, could we really use shower curtians!! they do have a better selection dont they? even walmart has green and teals.
and this is the rug I just bought. http://www.pier1.com/Moorish-Tile-Rug---8x10-Teal/2727463,default,pd.html, it was 300, I wanted t the ombre but for the size as 550!! shoot i just realized with 20% off would have been 450., / http://www.pier1.com/Ombre-Rugs---Peacock/PS34917,default,pd.html
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 8:30AM
Luvof Art
Gatayperro: it really depends on the look you are going for.

I break rules all the time to achieve a certain fit or style. It's your home! If you like it, and it 'feels' right, go for it.

Besides, the only reason they are called shower curtains was because someone decided to make the product and dedicate it to the bathroom, with a prescribed fit.... As long as it fits, you can repurpose it all you like.

Like a fancy glass punch bowl that becomes a beautiful and unique planter...or a steamer trunk that becomes your coffee table.

Just don't use a shower rod and it's all good. Lol

Add a valance, swag, silk greens or a boxed cover shelf if you desire camouflage. Play with creative solutions. I'd probably find some weathered wood for your room.
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 7:46PM
mpoulsom
these examples are from Caron's Beach House......prices seem reasonable??

have you considered a shag rug?
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 8:17PM
mpoulsom
?.........

overstock.com, almost 8x11 in size and a little over $300
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    August 3, 2014 at 8:24PM
mermaide
Your end table appears to have sharp corners, you might consider a round table for child safety.
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    August 3, 2014 at 8:38PM
mpoulsom
this would be pretty too, if you wanted something that is neutral in color......from overstock as well.

Hand Loomed Norco Casual Solid Tone-On-Tone Moroccan Trellis Wool Area Rugs (8' x 11')
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 8:39PM
doctornancy
An option for purchasing a rug on-line: buy the smallest rug available to confirm that the colors and pattern work in your room. If it looks good, buy the large size you need. If not, you haven't spent much (and can probably return it for a small fee).
0 Likes   Thanked by gatayperro    August 3, 2014 at 9:57PM
gatayperro
good plan, i spent hours every nite doing this. shopping sites here. its 12m , i hope the baby doesnt wake up tonite. then off to work thanks all!!!
0 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 8:56PM
Best Dishwasher?
Have you tried different kinds or brands of dishwashers?...
Window treatments for my kitchen
I have absolutely no artistic ability however I managed...
What kind of sofa should I pair with this one?
I have this limited edition distressed leather chesterfield...
Need inputs on decorative island chimney hoods
I am looking for an island chimney hood. My kitchen...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...