confused about which colours to use
gypsyvette
April 7, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hi, my name is Yvette, I have a beautiful wing back/velvet leopard print chair. It sits in the corner of my bed room which is VERY small. All that can fit is the chair our bed and 2 small bedside tables. I am going to paint the walls and dont want to go with the normal browns and blacks....but, I am lost now!
Bond Girl
I consider leopard a neutral, so any direction can work. This pinky red inspiration picture you picked is beautiful. There is a great green and brown room by Olga Adler in the pictures (can't figure out how to attach those!) She doesn't have leopard in that room, but that green would work great. That green with all white bedding and your fun chair would be amazing.
1 Like   April 7, 2012 at 1:42PM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Good suggestion. Here is one more...consider a nice camel tone with the leopard. In my mind using a red with leopard is very sassy and that may be what you want. There is also a quieter side to using a leopard print and that is with a subtle camel tone. Try Monroe Bisque HC-26 or Lenox Tan HC-44, both by Benjamin Moore. Think of a long, camel trench coat with leopard shoes, a bit more conservative. The red with leopard is a bit more sassy and fun, both ways are right. Try to figure out which emotion you want to evoke for your bedroom. Hope that helps. Good luck with your project. Charmean Neithart
2 Likes   April 8, 2012 at 1:57AM
gypsyvette
Thank you both so much for your help! I definately have direction now. I hadnt even considered either of your visions and am excited to now just sit and figure the correct one. I cant thank you enough!!
0 Likes   April 25, 2012 at 2:16AM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
You're very welcome. Let me know if you need further information. Charmean
You can follow me here... http://www.houzz.com/pro/cninteriors/__public
1 Like   April 25, 2012 at 6:51AM
B Fein Interiors LLC
I love red with khaki, and this is a spin on that. The ceiling is Benjamin Moore's Mexicana - not pinky red at all. It's very bold and balances the dark paneled walls. All the light from the windows keeps the floor from feeling unbalanced with the darker colors int he room. Hope that helps! : )
0 Likes   August 22, 2012 at 11:20AM
Design No No?
I bought a cream-based rug for a room with oodles of...
Need help selecting shower door
We are in the process of upgrading our kids' bathrooms...
Guest Bedroom Help!!
I'm trying to get the guest room bedding figured out...
FOYER Chandelier or Lantern - Ideas?
Our foyer is open up to the 2nd floor and round like...
New apt...please help with living room design
Just moved into new apt and buying furniture piece...