What are some of the name of flowers and plants, grasses too that are deer resistant for a New England slope
kcharna
April 8, 2012 in Photo Questions
I have a large cliff from back deck to wood area. lots of deer. Sun and shade mix. What grasses, flowers, and shrubs would you suggest to give it the look of this picture?
Matthew Cunningham Landscape Design LLC
Sorry for the delayed response! The plants we used here are: Salvia 'May Night'. The lamb's ear has been very aggressive and I would recommend using it sparingly... The Alliums are common chives, and we also used Sedum 'Autumn Joy', Iris 'Caesar's Brother', Alchemilla mollis, and Perovskia atriplicifolia. This garden is built on a very exposed hillside in Downeast Maine, and everything is very tough. Good luck!
December 29, 2012 at 7:42AM     
mutzy
I love the colors....can you tell me are the yellow/green flowers in the background are they sedum autumn joy ..if not what are they? the spikey silver leaves in front of the yellow/green flower...what are they called?

Thank you!
May 18, 2013 at 8:06PM   
Exterior Door Color?
What color should I paint this door which is the main...
Shelving in exposed brick alcove
Hi folks, does anyone have advice about putting shelves...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...