3" recessed lighting
lmarshall7
I plan on using recessed lighting in a basement canning kitchen. It is a small room with no windows. I'm thinking of using 3" Twicebright" halogen fixtures over the counters, sink and stove area. My first question is how far apart should I space the lights for proper lighting? Someone told me to position them above the outside edge of the counter. Also, should I stay with the 3" to light the interior of the space or use a larger size fixture ie 5" or 6" can? Again, how far apart is best for proper lighting. Like I said it is a small room perhaps 10 x 11. Thanks for your help and ideas...
Keerthi Naidu
Hi lmarshall7, just saw you posted this - how'd this project turn out?
   May 20, 2013 at 5:31PM
lmarshall7
HI Keerthi, I actually put it on the back burner so to speak, and am tackling a different part of the house. Have you had any experience on this subject?
   May 21, 2013 at 9:24AM
Keerthi Naidu
We installed recessed lighting in our home, used 3" cans above the fireplace and I believe 5-6" ones everywhere else. Can you post a photo of the space you're trying to add them to? I think that might help get a better idea of how many you should use.
   May 21, 2013 at 9:28AM
Design dilemma: dining room with unique walls
Hi, I'm a longtime Houzz fan but first-time poster....
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...
Help needed choosing pillows!
I just received my new couch and armchairs but I have...
Keep, replace or turn into lamps?
Any thoughts about the two blue vases? I got them because...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...