Fireplace wall.
mygponte
Please I need ideas what to do with this place.
Brandi Nash Hicks
I love your space could you give us a few more pictures of the area from different angels and the whole room
2 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 4:02PM
suzannevos
Great space. I am a fan of all white with subtle colors in the artwork. Use big pieces and keep it minimal.
2 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 4:08PM
mygponte
Thank you Brandy and Susan, I just took these pictures to show you a little bit more about the space. I like minimal decor and im planning to change the lamps. Thank you so much for your help. PS: Sorry about the mess...
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 5:53PM
mygponte
suzannevos, do you think two floor mirrows on each side will look good?, what kind of pieces do you suggest?
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 6:04PM
Interiors Unleashed
Agree with Suzannevos and Brandi, love the space, try some art. A couple of very large art pieces on each side of the fireplace would help. There is a guy in NY who makes stencil art from photographs as well as murals, I thought of him when I saw your space.
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 6:04PM
mygponte
Thank you for your response. This is the family room. May I have the name of the artist you know.
Thanks
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 6:11PM
Interiors Unleashed
Yes, I was just looking for an example. His name is Ray Ferrer, he does spray paint on canvas using negative stencil design. He does a lot of custom work from client's photographs, but the photo has to have good light dark contrast. He can do color, not just black and white. His work below from an urban fire escape photo. He has done some great work from children's photos as well. I've had him do some custom work and he is easy to work with.
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 6:20PM
mygponte
Thank you very much!. .
Another question, What kind of lamp should I used?
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 6:32PM
S&A Decor
i suggest u to look for a stone like wallpaper to put on both sides, something similar to this
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 6:33PM
Maureen
I've always liked this idea, but may not be as minimal as what you are looking for. houzz=
]
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 6:38PM
suzannevos
Found this print in some stock images on-line to give you a visual of what I was thinking. May be a bit too soft for a family room, or for your taste, but I like the colors with your walls and furniture. Love the photo that Maureen posted. I like your idea of mirrors also. Framed in black, since it looks like you already have a black & white thing going over your sofa. Thanks for the extra photos. Good luck!
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 5:03AM
Brandi Nash Hicks
After seeing more pictures I saw move the sofa up some towards the fire place ,move the chair as well ,out something behind the sofa with the lamps on ot ,I think large ,very large..mirrors on either side would look great.How about a floor lamp in that back corner where the lamp is now that hangs out and above the space
1 Like   August 4, 2014 at 6:03AM
Luxe Water Walls
Maybe a water wall above the fireplace, or even on each side? Water walls are not only pleasing to the eye but they also help clean the air by attracting dust particles. Check out more pics at: http://www.luxewaterwalls.com/
1 Like   August 4, 2014 at 7:11AM
jiangmeidesign
I like the firplace that Maureen suggested. I think getting rid of the mantle and the step beneath the fireplace will give it a clean look. You could tile around it with white colored marble. By adding a built-in on the left side, you'll have a lot of storage that you need to hide the toys. Of course, cabinet doors are better than open shelves.
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 7:54AM
Bryan Alan Kirkland Designs
Here is some advise that will add drama and weight to your room. Since your upholstery all matches try this. Find two single chairs that have some pattern. Make sure they are not matching and maybe one could have a wood frame. I would place matching chest on either side of the fireplace and put matching single lamps on them. Place a pair of paintings that are framed the same over the chest. Something with a little color. While doing this make sure you lower the clock above the mantle. It is too high and doesn't connect. I would leave the sofa where it is now and slide the chair at an angle a little further away from the sofa and place the ottoman in front of it . You need two matching end tables and matching lamps with off white shades. What ever you do make sure your lamp shades match in the room. Nothing dark as you need as much light as possible since you only have the one single window.
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 8:15AM
Bryan Alan Kirkland Designs
I know this is not contemporary enough for your taste but it will give you the right direction as far as placement and how to make a space seem well appointed. The matching details in a modern room will make it seem less cluttered as well. Do not alter your fireplace as I think it would not give you any additional impact or return on your dollars spent.
1 Like   August 4, 2014 at 9:08AM
Paint. Add stacked stone to ceiling on fireplace. Add a cabinet (go length of space) on each side with very tall 6 ft mirrors over them. I like the grays on wall. Then lick up color in stone dark cabinets. New more unique and bigger chandelier in dining. Area rug in front of firepl in a light color. Big 8x10. Big coffee or ottoman in front. You need color on walls and in your furn.
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 9:36AM
Some white pleated shades. ( Lowes carries) on all windows, to warm it up. In dining rm add panels to ends.
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 9:38AM
M Audrey Dawn
What a great space… made me think of this room…. maybe something here will catch your eye!
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 9:45AM
greenyogini
It's a beautiful space! :)

Why not commission large black and white art photos of the kiddo(s) sharing the space with you? :)

I also like the idea of creating some storage spaces for the toys. The table toys (looks like cars?) might be tougher to keep out of sight for daily purposes, but for pieces/parts, something like this has clean lines and keeps toys out from underfoot (and out of sight till they're in use):
1 Like   August 4, 2014 at 10:23AM
mygponte
thank you so much for all your response and advices. I like every single idea. The big art work, the floor mirrors, the water wall, the buffet tables with matching lamps and side tables ...
Now I have to lower the height of the clock and start shooping.
1 Like   August 4, 2014 at 7:21PM
mygponte
so I found this which is a combination of a couple suggestions. Two big mirrors and a console in front of the mirrows. What do you think? Too crowded for my space?
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 9:04PM
greenyogini
I like it! :) More importantly...do you?
0 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 6:04AM
Crown Construction Contracting
mygpont - I love the mirror idea. Another suggestion would be floating shelving units so you can display art work or collectibles. You have a beautiful home!
1 Like   August 5, 2014 at 6:22AM
Bryan Alan Kirkland Designs
So you can do one of three things.
1.You can do the mirrors but since you would have to probably have custom mirrors made to achieve the size you need
2. I would suggest mirroring the wall.
3. I like the art idea because you need some color to your room and even if it is soft tones. The art would only go above the consoles or chests.
Check out these chests. http://www.brownstonefurniture.com/palmeraccent.html http://www.brownstonefurniture.com/athertononyxchest.html
Lamps to go on chest http://www.lighttrends.com/product_p/ra_2792.htm
Side tables for sofa https://www.globalviews.com/product_groups/898?category_id=51
Art for above chests in attachment
A new chandelier in the dining area would be great as well. Something more contemporary.
2 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 7:58AM
mygponte
Thanks Crown Construction, I thought about the shelves too but I dont want to make holes in the wall.

Bryan, those chests are gorgeous!, and the side table is perfect!. I couldnt see the lamps. Thank you!
Im adjusting to prices. So two chests, plus lamps and art work would be more than two mirrows and two consoles?
This mirror I thought was nice. What do you think?
0 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 9:08AM
Bryan Alan Kirkland Designs
The chest are here. http://www.wayfair.com/Brownstone-Furniture-Atherton-3-Drawer-Bachelors-Chest-AT002-AT002ON-XQK1524.html The lamps are $253. each. The art work we could always help you with as well. The mirror you are showing would need to go above the consoles. You don't want a narrow mirror behind your console. The proportions would look off. You want the height to look tall and command the space.
1 Like   August 5, 2014 at 11:32AM
mygponte
Please help. The walls are 94 inches tall 53 1/2 inches wide both side. I found this beautiful mirror in Restoration Hardware 96 1/2 x 53 1/4.
Do you guys think it will fit? Since both mirrors are gonna be leaning I thought it might fit. But you guys are the expert.
Please Advice!. Thank youu in advanced!.
0 Likes   August 8, 2014 at 9:39AM
greenyogini
Can't help with sizing, sorry, but wanted to add: Please be sure to anchor large, heavy floor mirrors with little ones around.
0 Likes   August 8, 2014 at 9:48AM
Bryan Alan Kirkland Designs
Here is the question. Are your walls straight/plumb? This means that the mirror might fit in certain areas but not in others. You only have 1/4" for error. As a designer I would not trust that tight alignment.
0 Likes   August 8, 2014 at 10:25AM
choosing cabinet pulls
My house is from 1885 and we finally redid the kitchen...
lisatice1
Large wall and mantel decor
This is my very large painted brick wall and mantel....
jlw1979
Design help for column thru kitchen island
A 6 inch load bearing steel pole is required and sits...
ramec358
Dining room chair help.
I have an old formal dining room table but I need new...
barbarasampson
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K