Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthiealqallaf

inside pool tiling

ruthiealqallaf
12 years ago
HI, Could you tell me the types of mosaics or what ever it is on the inside of this beautiful pool? I love the reflections. I dont know if coping means inside pool or around the pool but I love the inside of pool. Thanks!!
Swimming Pools Chicago: Platinum Pools · More Info

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    12 years ago
    Hi, and thank you for your kind comments. The inside of this pool is actually an exposed-aggregate pool finish. The only tile is the 6" x 6" around the perimeter of the pool. The sun can make some beautiful reflections on the water even without ceramics!
  • ruthiealqallaf
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    oh dear, my pool is inside so I guess this exposed aggregate finish would not work. It is so beautiful though.....Is there anything you could recommend?
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    12 years ago
    Sure. There is no reason why an exposed aggregate pool finish wouldn't work on an inside pool. If your concern is that you wouldn't get brilliant reflection, then this can be addressed with a lighting professional to ensure that the water has excellent reflectivity. Additionally, you can add brilliance to a pool finish by changing or augmenting the aggregate to something that would accentuate the environment, such as glass beads. You should talk to your swimming pool professional and lighting expert on these matters, and hopefully you will be able to achieve the look that you desire.
  • ruthiealqallaf
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    wow what great advice. Thanks so much.
  • ruthiealqallaf
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    you are very right thanks so much for reminding me
  • hticoras
    11 years ago
    Do u have a deep end in this pool? Also, at what depth did u place in ground basket ball hoop? Do u have slopes with gradual drop off? Beautiful pool.
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    11 years ago
    This pool starts at 3'6" deep and slopes to 8'0" deep. We do adhere to the national standards for shallow and deep end slopes. The shallow end slopes gradually (does not exceed 1 foot vertical for every 7 feet horizontal) to accommodate volleyball, basketball, and other activities that are much easier in shallower water. The deep end slope does break slightly more aggressively (does not exceed 1 foot vertical for every 3 feet horizontal). The basketball hoop is generally placed in an area that is generally flat and shallow to facilitate game play. Thank you for your kind comments!
  • centralprk3b
    11 years ago
    The tile brightens the pool up nicely!
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    11 years ago
    Thanks again, centralprk3b!
  • fttcollier
    10 years ago
    What tile color was used?
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    10 years ago
    Hello, and thank you for your inquiry @fttcollier. The tile utilized on this project is from Noble Tile. On the swimming pool, the color is called "Gothic Blue". On the hot tub, the color is "Titanium Dark Blue".