Need help with design of pool/lanscaping in a odd shaped small yard
Lori Freeman
Yard is large but it has a large hill/drop off into woods and may need to build a retaining wall to make room for the pool and patio area. The "usable" or flat part of the yard is maybe around 16X32. Would love to consult with a designer to get some ideas. email is 1freeman@zoomtown.com Thanks Lori
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I suggest that you look up landscape architects or pool designers in your area under "find a pro"...........You should talk to someone local who can work with you.

The first thing that they will tell you is that you will need to get a Civil Engineer to do a topographical survey of the yard. Once they have this they can design the pool and the retaining wall....

Good luck and have fun with it.......
August 6, 2014 at 5:52AM   
Revolutionary Gardens
A qualified landscape designer will be able to create a master plan for you, but just as important he or she will be able to assess the site and tell you what needs to happen to make it all work. That part's pretty key because it sets expectations - not just in terms of cost (always important) but also in terms of aesthetic issues that could come up (if you need a guardrail around the entire space because of the height of the retaining wall, what does that do to things?)

The second you said "pool" and "retaining wall" you will definitely need an engineer. In a lot of cases the shell of the pool is reinforced to prevent the loads acting on the pool wall from acting on the retaining wall. While your landscape designer can get the layouts and general idea figured out, at the end of the day an engineer needs to show the calculation and prove that it'll work.

At the top of the page is the Find a Pro option. Seek out a local landscape designer, it'll be money well spent/
August 6, 2014 at 6:12AM   
Need help w / ideas for small odd shaped powder room.
I am Remodeling a Small powder room w/ triangle shaped...
Need help design odd shape living room
Hi, I have two large black leather sofa but the TV...
Need help designing odd shaped room
Last year I remodeled my kitchen and knocked down a...
odd shape backyard needs design help
I've been browsing a lot of landscaping photos on houzz...
I need help with furniture placement and designing in this odd shaped
I need a little help planning the layout of this odd...
need help for my living room
I need sipmle style to my living room
hidden L brackets for granite raised breakfast bar
Hello, need to find L brackets quickly for raised breakfast...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
What kind of countertop is this in m/bath
What is the material on this countertop?