To decorate with b&w or color photos?
Lily Choi
White frames with color photos, black frames with b&w and also the other way around, I've seen beautiful combos of each of these frame-photo pairings, but I'm at a loss when it comes to deciding my own walls! My hallway and dining room frames are all mounted but are photo-less until I decide to go b&w or color!

I would love suggestions (or photos?). Since some of the frames are quite large, I don't think there is turning back once the photos/artwork are printed.
Nancy Corsaut/Zephyr Real Estate
My personal preference is a black frame with b&w photos. I have it in my home and it looks fantastic!
1 Like   August 6, 2014 at 6:14PM
Jolene
I think it depends what makes you happy. I started of with all black frames (variation of photos). Then as my collection and taste changed I added color. I have a neutral home, so now the colors make me smile. Then just recently started making wood art for the backs of some photos and those make me smile even more, along with the love you more sign I made. My grandma passed last year and this was my little bit of her.
0 Likes   Thanked by Lily Choi    August 6, 2014 at 6:33PM
Jolene
I like the mix you have going on, on the two walls
1 Like   August 6, 2014 at 6:34PM
Yep, mix it up. b&w, color, frames different etc. Adding art into the mix will gjve the mix meaning. Lining up art perfectly works nice with black & white (or color). So, if you mix up the color, do a "random" display. But, if you notice in the below example, the frames are spaced nearly exactly the same space apart. Follow that rule and it will look "right".

2 Likes   August 6, 2014 at 6:37PM
Lily Choi
Darzy, I like what you have here. In fact, I see that you have b&w photos in the white frames and I like the effect here. You also created a nice balance with the turquoise artwork. Jolene, your sign is touching and I can definitely see how colour photos can add a personal element.
0 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 9:28AM
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
Ditch the railing?
Help, the contractor is on his way!! We're redoing...
Powder room help please
West indian style home. Powder room needs some excitement....
Need help with my kitchen
I recently refinished my cabinets in my kitchen from...