Colors for New Living room
christinae15
I'm moving into a new rental home soon, and I am taking the opportunity to re-decorate! The wall are grey-ish (see pics) and I have 2 love seats that will be in the living room. I will need a bigger couch..and I'm re-upholstering a chair as well. I'm going to use a fabric that ties in the walls, beige love seats and the couch. I just don't know what color the couch should be? And the "accent" color of the chair. Pretty much besides grey and beige, what should my other main color be??? Please help! Any and all ideas appreciated :)
Nicole Gibson
What are some of your favorites?? I love gray and coral, or teal, or especially yellow. Or do you want more subtle colors? Or muted?...really depends on taste
August 7, 2014 at 11:23PM     
studio10001
Violet would be lovely here. It will pick up the undertones of your walls and fabric, and allow you to accessorize with various shades of either blue or purple without wandering too far from your safety zone. Should you wish for an additional shot of contrast, look for very small doses of coral or canary.
August 7, 2014 at 11:32PM     
christinae15
I tend to stay with ALL neutrals which makes for a very bland decor theme. So I'm looking for that "pop" of color to use throughout the living room. When I choose colors they are usually darker shades..deep purple, navy blue, etc. I do like the idea of a coral, I like the color and could put dashes of it throughout. What color would work for the couch?? I have no clue! Thank you for the ideas too :)
August 8, 2014 at 12:19AM   
christinae15
It would be too difficult to try to match a couch to the color of the love seats..so I'm going with a completely different color, I'm just not sure what!
August 8, 2014 at 12:23AM   
chemayne
here are similar gray walled rooms which showcase beiges, a dark gray sofa and yellow accent pillows
Modern living
Here's another but with cheerful orange accents.
Brush Prairie House
I like black and white accents in a gray room. Perhaps a medium to dark gray for the sofa. See inspiration pictures
Janet Williams Interiors condo design
A burgundy sofa?
Eclectic Living Room
August 8, 2014 at 4:55AM     
Property Serv, LLC
Go for color on your cushions and then use some of those colors to determine the colors of the other pieces, making one of the new pieces the focal point is important with a strong color, I like red or blue.
August 8, 2014 at 5:07AM     
pickyvicky
My sis did red, with accents of brown, black and gold. Looks marvelous with her white, leather sofa & love seat.
August 8, 2014 at 5:44AM     
studio10001
Christae15, that's a great grouping of colours that will definitely not look boring together. Anything in the grey-blue-purple range might easily work for your sofa, and your penchant toward neutrals will hold you in good stead in your rental situation, making it easy to layer in the accent colours. If you go with a grey sofa, consider one in a different shade that will stand out from the walls a bit. You are attracted to a largely monochromatic palette, and that is fine: play with texture more - that, combined w the occasional hit of coral should give you the look you're after. Best of luck in your new home!
August 8, 2014 at 8:06AM     
christinae15
Wow! You guys are amazing! Thank you for the input. I feel a little less nervous
August 8, 2014 at 12:08PM   
Painting Living Room new color. New trim ideas.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/desertgreen This...
What color for my new living room/dining room?
I want to create a cool Tropical feel, keeping white...
New Color For Living Room Wall
I just recently painted this secretary desk in Annie...
kitchen sink doesn't fit!
Our cabinets were just installed and the granite rep...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How do I make my dining area flow with our formal living room?
Our formal living room is also our dining area. Bc...
Awkward Bathroom Layout
want to do a master bathroom renovation, but stuck...
Ceiling question
I put on an addition to my house (new sunroom and extension...