Need help with furniture selection and arrangement
cailinp
I would be very grateful if someone could help me redesign this room. It is 17 X 15.5. As you can see from the photos, the fire place is a focal point and so is the television on the longest wall. I will be getting all new furnishings. so before I make a mistake id like to know how i'll arrange the room. The only thing I have my heart set on is the Cambridge sofa at Restoration Hardware. I will move the tv as I suspect I'll have to, but prefer not to have it over the fireplace since I like to build a roaring fire in winter.
My front hall leads into this room and the other opening is to the kitchen and keeping room. Right now I have a sectional sofa in the corner of the stair/kitchen wall and everything else stuck in corners. Please help me transform this into something I'll be happy with.
A sofa and two chairs are the easiest to arrange. If would help if we could see the sofa wall instead of two pix of the TV. Also helpful to know how the keeping room is done because the two must relate.
0 Likes   August 11, 2014 at 2:12PM
Home Matters Interior Design and Staging
There are software programs that will show your space 3D but all the wall measurements and openings are needed. There would also need to be a conversation about what you will be using this room for besides t.v. watching. Form does always follow function. For instance, is there adequate storage, what are your lighting needs, how many people would you like to seat, etc?
0 Likes   August 11, 2014 at 2:35PM
I would move the TV and its console to the left, closer to the window, and remove the chair from that corner. Then I would place a sofa and two chairs with table between them in an L-formation, one set facing the fireplace, the other facing the TV. I would leave a 3' walkway behind the seating, between it and the stair wall.
0 Likes   August 11, 2014 at 3:32PM
Need help with furniture selection and arranging
Hi. Thank you in advance for your help. I have an...
Need advice on furniture selection and arrangement
Building new cluster home with open plan grand room...
Need help with Living Room arrangement & item selection
When I find things I like, I notice they don't go together,...
Need help with the arrangements for my new furniture pieces!
Hey I. Just purchased the chair and recliner. Should...
What tiles are easy to clean? Eg. Oil stains, turmeric splatter etc.
What tiles are easy to clean? For example, oil stains,...
Need help installing aco linear drain
We pulled out corner Arcrylica shower. There is maybe...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Need help to determine where to place my inbuilt oven
Hi there, I have a "U" shaped area (5ft x 8ft 8in x...
Need help with open concept kitchen/living room!!
I have just moved into my new house (please excuse...