Could you please tell me what the wall colour is and what brand of paint, thanks.
sherimckenzie
April 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
The Shabby Nest
Valspar's Silk is a similar color.
0 Likes   April 11, 2012 at 8:59PM
Elizabeth Reich
Hi, I'm a huge fan of Ben Moore paint colors. This is "Temporal Spirit". If you like it for your space, make sure to get a large sample to look at in the space you plan to use it because depending on your lighting or the fabrics in your room, the color can appear differently. Good luck!
0 Likes   April 12, 2012 at 8:49AM
blackchamois
Hi Elizabeth, I am thinking of using Temporal Spirit in my guest bedroom/office. I have a 8x11" sample swatch pinned to the wall, and it looks very nice. Would you consider this a warm tan, or a cool tan ... or neutral?

Adjacent to the guest bedroom is the guest bathroom which I just paint in Bleeker Beige (at 50%). I would consider this color more on the warm side. However, I would like to introduce some cooler/neutral tones as you progress down the hall to the family room/dining room/kitchen.

Any suggestions for transitioning tones successfully?

0 Likes   August 5, 2012 at 8:58PM
Elizabeth Reich
Hi, I would consider this a cool creamy shade. It is very neutral. Against the fabrics and carpet in this room it feels more on the cooler side. It's hard to tell you what colors to use for your unique spaces without being there to see what colors, fabrics etc are paired in your rooms and the amount of natural light each rooms receives. I prefer to do neutrals that are universal in hallways so that it's never a jarring difference going from one room to the next. I do like to vary the depth of color in one room to another. Example- light neutrals in one space followed by a rich color in another so that your eye gets to see the light and dark together. Color is important and you may want to consider hiring a designer to help you who can come to your space and evaluate. What may look perfect together here may not look perfect together in your space depending on many factors, does that make sense? Regardless you must put the samples together to see how they relate and if you like what you see then chances are you will like it when you paint. Good luck!
1 Like   August 6, 2012 at 4:43AM
Big Poster for living/dining room
Hi everyone, I am working on my own home for some...
genz123
Bar like table
Condo has this table owner built as add on to the bar....
ydubois
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch
Selecting the right paint color
I need to repaint my public rooms and looking at a...
lteckman
Need some ideas for arbor over my garage.
How would it look to to build an arbor that would extend...
grinerl