Need help for my new Master Bathroom
Mildred Di Iorio
I'm remodeling my Master Bath myself. I've sought design advice from a lot of people. Some were too safe and some were huge risk takers. I am neither. I'm spending an awful lot of money and I don't want to feel that it got wasted after I'm done. So here's the question.

I love the Onyx Countertop for the vanity (Cinnamon) and bathtub (white), and I'm using cream colored tiles partially along and around the tub ( about 6-9 inches) and cream colored tile on the shower. The shower and tub are right next to each other separated by frameless glass. The tiles are plain subway tiles 3X6 with some raised decorative tile along the edge the same color. I already installed a Fireplace next to the tub which will also be surround by decorative raised cream tile.

Does this floor tile compliment or clash? If it clashes, do I bring back the Floor tile or cancel the onyx? The actual slab I picked out is three rows behind this one and is a lot cleaner. This one was too busy for my liking but has the same coloring. I couldn't get the tile up next to the slab I picked. Wasn't possible.

I love the cream tile and don't want to take that back so if you are thinking the cream tiles can't go with the onyx than the onyx needs to go back. Which I considered. But then I don't know what to put on top of the tub. Keep the onyx on the vanity which is alone on the other side of the room?

Thank for your help.
Chris Druschel
It would help if you had a sample of the vanity color, if it was a lighter cinnamon shade i would say no, if it was darker cinnamon almost a nutmeg i would go for it. That tile looks like WOW tile we have in our showroom, it lays out nicely!
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mildred Di Iorio    August 12, 2014 at 3:11PM
Cabell Design Studio
Complements. Go for it. It will be lovely! The onyx is absolutely stunning.

Best of luck with your master bath renovation.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mildred Di Iorio    August 12, 2014 at 3:12PM
flyr4fun
On my monitor, the floor tiles look too grey/taupe to go well with onyx. I don't see the cream raised tiles, or am I missing something?
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mildred Di Iorio    August 12, 2014 at 4:47PM
Mildred Di Iorio
Here is a link to my inspiration photo on Houzz.

I found the tile at Ideal Tile. My husband is not feeling confident about his tileing talent for the area on the top of the tub deck and prefers (insist actually) that I get a solid piece of stone for the top. That is the cause of my dilemma. Originally, I picked the onyx just for the vanity because it is alone on the other side of the room. The last thing you see when you enter. Now, I'm worried it's too much. I need reassurance one way or another.
    Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 6:32PM
Mildred Di Iorio
Chris Druschel, Yes. the vanity is a darker Cinnamon. So thanks. Some folks were telling me there was too much movement in the room because of the floor tile. I wasn't sure if they were being too safe or I didn't know something about design that I should.
    Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 7:30PM
Mildred Di Iorio
Cabell Design Studio, Thanks so much for that feedback. I love the onyx for the vanity. It's perfect. But my vision got hijacked when my husband suggested I put it on the tub deck as well. I have been having trouble refocusing since then.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 7:32PM
Cabell Design Studio
So glad to be of assistance. In the 20+ years I've been managing an interior design studio I've found that husbands can do a lot of highjacking :) However, I've also found that the flip side is to listen to them openly, as they often have very good ideas, just not the ones that we initially developed. It can be a challenge when highjacked, but if in the end you eventually return to your original idea you will be pleased that multiple variations were reviewed and potentially discarded. Leave no stone unturned before you put in the rather permanent granite and tile work! That onyx is a real show stopper and too much of a good thing is just plain too much. Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance :) Best of luck!

Private Estate Home-Naples Florida
A Modern Miami Home
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mildred Di Iorio    August 13, 2014 at 5:53AM
Yelda Kazimi
Need help with my master bathroom and kitchen
We need a tub, vanity, replace countertop tile with...
hulagal4god
Need help for my master bathroom.
Moved into fifteen year old house and master bath which...
brightonbelle
Need help for my new master bath shower tile mosaic
We're doing a master bath remodel. Our shower will...
marg1212
Dont Know about my new master bathroom
I am not sure about this plan.... Too simple ... I...
Espace Libre Home Staging
Spice rack inside pantry door
What should the depth/ width of a pantry door in mm...
shiprag75
Our new home!
Just purchased new home and want to start painting...
M Sp
Need Help for my Living room
I bought ashley platinum sofa set consist of 3+2+2...
pity30002000
yyy
yuu
test
Need help for my kitchen
I have this small taupe/grey kitchen and it is little...
Tia Mia