Chest of drawers - new color ideas
vhormazabal
I'm remodeling my bedroom, walls will be dark purple and white ceiling and trims. I'm thinking to paint this chest of drawers, is rather ugly and dated, maybe dark chocolate color or in a contrasting color, or maybe could work like an accent piece?, but don't know what color, need new drawer pulls, too.

I have another chest of drawers in chocolate color (second image) and matching armoire.

thanks!
craftyoldman
Turquoise.
August 14, 2014 at 1:13AM        Thanked by vhormazabal
chookchook2
Sage green.
August 14, 2014 at 3:10AM      Thanked by vhormazabal
vhormazabal
Yes, sage green could work, may be a very pale shade, I love turquoise color but in this case will be too much, too strong, the room is small.
I was thinking in maybe a pale gray blue too.
August 14, 2014 at 12:56PM     
barney63
Grey-Blue would be nice or Navy Royal with a hint of cornflower blue but I would not paint the walls Purple. Walls could be a dove grey or even deep royal like the room Tommy Smythe did- search on Pinterest for his projects :)
August 15, 2014 at 12:31AM        Thanked by vhormazabal
vhormazabal
I have checked Tommy Smythe's designs on Pinterest, really nice rooms!, but I'm really want dark purple for the walls, I want something dramatic, maybe over the top.

And yes, same dark navy color could works too.
August 15, 2014 at 12:43PM     
barney63
I would recommend doing a feature wall in a eggplant-purple then. Or use Benjamin Moore's tool to see what the room would look like if you do the whole room. Good luck - post a pic of the finished product. Love your photo of the blue chest!
August 15, 2014 at 1:20PM      Thanked by vhormazabal
vhormazabal
I'm planning to paint all the walls in a really dark purple, I will post the finish room when is ready, still a lot to do!, the walls were in bad shape, need install insulation in one wall, too.. a LOT to do (but a lot of work done too). I will check the Benjamin Moore tool, never have used it.

Yes, I love that blue chest, I think I will paint mine in the same color, still can't decide between this dark blue or a blue gray, will see.
August 15, 2014 at 1:39PM   
Need help with large bare wall in family room
We have a huge blank wall in our family room and have...
3 girls and 1 small bathroom...need to maximize space!
Our girls bathroom flooded while we were on vacation...
Headboard in front of window.
Looking for a way to build or buy and mount a low...
Need a more modern look for the exterior
We will soon be converting this hotel into affordable...
paint color to pair with gold leaf vanity in small powder room
We are repainting and this small powder room needs...