Paint suggestion?
andreadenize
With newly stained concrete floors we are trying to figure out a nice color for the walls. I like this light yellow but my husband is over it. I would like to keep it modern, different, a wow effect, perhaps an accent wall? Im open for change, for something wild and different!!

Any suggestions on colors or wall designs/textures?

What decor colors would pop? Turquoise blue? Hot orange? Lime green?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
miesha_ariana
Yes, I do agree with your husband the yellow washes everything out. What I'd suggest if you want to do an accent wall is do a cool design or wallpaper that includes navy blue and an off white. If you want to paint all the walls then something still in the blue family but with light undertones than navy blue. The reason I'm suggesting blue is because with such a harsh yet warm bronze-ish floor you want to balance is out with something more cooling. Something too warm on the wall might feel suffocating. The below image of the bathroom isn't really a good photo because the floors are wood not concrete & they're brown but it'll hopefully give you an idea of the color palette I was aiming for. Hope I could help good luck!
1 Like   August 19, 2014 at 11:52PM
Farbica
Leave the wall with the fireplace in the existing yellow tone.
Change the color of the other walls and the color of the doors and skirting board as proposed in the color scheme with the name 'Powder cloud'. This color scheme you can find here: http://www.farbica.com/colorplans/coloring_bright.html (on the bottom of the page).
Pop up colors: Use the painting obove the chimney as a source of inspiration. Choose your favorite color from the color ranges of orange and green.

Happy coloring!

Paul Zoller for Farbica
2 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 12:59AM
Here is one idea for wall color with a slight green undertone to help 'warm' up the space a bit.

3 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 5:30AM
ciscomo
I found you a photo of a house with bold colors and a brown concrete floor. Yours turned out gorgeous, by the way! If you click on the photo, you should be able to see any other photos of the home, as well as similar homes 'liked' by other houzzers. I hope that is helpful for you.

2 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 6:34AM
Décor Aid
That’s a really nice rich brown floor you have. That plus the leathers and browns in the room really add a lot of warmth. The space itself is a really good size, too. If the walls are painted with a really strong color like an orange or green then the space would be a bit overwhelmed with color. You mentioned you’d like to keep a modern look in the room, and painting the walls white and using accent colors in the room décor will provide you with a really great balance of warmth, modern sophistication and elegance. An aubergine, or turquoise accent color throughout the rooms décor would balance well with the brown hues. Here’s an example of a brown concrete floor with a neutral white backdrop and pops of pink. Hope this helps! - Decor Aid
2 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 11:13AM
anne dee
the floor in this pics resembles yr floor colour and similar FP
Note the wall colour for yr ref.
1 Like   August 20, 2014 at 11:43AM
Color in Space Inc.
Yes, your floors are beautiful and definitely begin to move you into a more modern design. To achieve that look, all of the walls and ceiling and trim should be the same color. No white contrasts! Architecturally, the only place where it would make sense to use a bold accent color is above the fireplace behind the art. An accent color there could be pulled from the piece of art and will act as a large matte behind it. We like gray as a neutral for the space with the perimeter of the floor, your black furnishings, and gray accents in the rug.

We have prepackaged color palettes available in Benjamin Moore Paint colors available for purchase on our website and here through Houzz. http://colorinspace.com/purchase.php. We invite you to check them out! We've attached images of three of our palettes that will go well with your new floors and decor. We perceive color in relationship to other colors, so finding the right balance with your floors is very important. Changing your paint colors and getting rid of the white especially will make such a BIG difference! You will love it!
1 Like   August 20, 2014 at 1:34PM
andreadenize
All these are great suggestions. I would've never thought of bringing green or blues. Sounds exciting. White also appeals to me.... Tough decision! Thank you all for your time!!!
1 Like   August 20, 2014 at 3:11PM
Painting my interior doors black. Any suggestions on type of paint?
http://www.kay.com/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&productId=94020161199&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&catalogId=10001...
silverk22
Would you suggest using a smooth paint finish when painting the tirm?
I understand trim can be done with either the stucco...
wlg3
Need ideas for paint color and counter top.
I'm needing ideas. I'm wanting to take down this wallpaper...
Jas
expresso nursery
I am wanting to hang my sons art work up on the walls...
blakesmom2014
"Getting new lighting for my kitchen"
I am getting rid of florescent light fixture above...
mollywheels
Omg I just bought a couch and I want to return it but can't. Help me m
Room is across from kitchen at the entrance of the...
minnows
Need help with where to mount lighted make up mirror
We are remodeling our master bathroom and don't know...
jimnancy1