white kitchen-white appliances
madcowalien
August 21, 2014
I'm in the process of building a house. I want to have a white kitchen, including appliances. The appliances are the Whirlpool White Ice Collection, and they are VERY white, which I love. I found a pretty good match as far as paint goes. I'm checking with the builder to make sure that the paint color can be used on the trim in the rest of the house.
My question is- Is this too much? I love the look of a stark white room with splashes of color here and there. Am I setting myself up for problems with dinginess later? (I'm early in the building process so I can change everything but the floor plan at this point)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jn3344
I like your name. I am afraid you will turn into a mad cow alien after cleaning that kitchen for a few years!

But seriously, I have seen many photos of ultra-modern kitchens on Houzz that are all white. It is a classic modern look. But I don't think I would have the motivation to keep it looking great on a daily basis.

Best of luck!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 10:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
madcowalien
those are beautiful photos, thank you! mine will be a craftsman style kitchen. (though i do prefer the modern look!) The cleaning honestly doesn't bother me, but I am worried about resale....I intend to live in this house until my husband is finished with school, about 5 years. Then I'm hoping that all my white doesn't scare off a potential buyer. But I don't want to live in it that whole time and not love it.
    Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 12:21PM