How can I make this commercial sink look great?
rachelworley79
I'm trying to figure out my options to give it a fashionable, personal touch. Thx!!
hayleydaniels
Change the hardward to something like oil rubbed bronze or another finish besides chrome.
0 Likes   August 24, 2014 at 8:15PM
rachelworley79
Ok, but can I do anything with the exposed bottom section?
0 Likes   August 24, 2014 at 8:25PM
hayleydaniels
You could have a cabinet built around it.

Is this a convenience store bathroom? Are you the owner of the business? If so, I would urge you to keep it clean, but don't spend your money trying to make it a showplace. Put your money into running the business as it's tough enough to meet your monthly obligations without worrying about such things, and I speak as an accountant.
1 Like   August 24, 2014 at 8:33PM
Jessica Cueva
Paint the bottom and the pipes a fun color and add some cool new hardware, somethng sleek and minimal :)
2 Likes   August 24, 2014 at 8:39PM
Custom Craft Builders
Look for an ADA insulator jacket to cover the pipes.
0 Likes   August 24, 2014 at 8:39PM
Jessica Cueva
And paint the rim of the mirrow black so it looks like its framed
1 Like   August 24, 2014 at 8:40PM
apple_pie_order
Replace the faucet with ADA compliant one (wide handles or single lever). Add liquid soap dispenser with good soap in a light scent. Keep the whole thing very, very clean. Add a hook on the back of the door for handbags and a schedule for the cleaners to initial.
3 Likes   August 24, 2014 at 9:12PM
Kathleen Jamison
New faucet. Done,
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 4:58AM
Genevieve
Paint the walls a light grey and yes the faucet can be changed but stay within the retro style for it
Striped Guest Bath
Newport Brass Widespread Faucet with Metal Cross Handles
1 Like   August 25, 2014 at 5:19AM
rachelworley79
Thanks for all of the comments! This will he a men's restroom at a church that is being leased. I don't want to pour unnecessary money into it. I'm replacing the hardware with a 2 handled silver faucet. I will be putting a larger, inexpensive, black framed mirror over the existing one. (They tiled around it for some reason.) I want to put a floating shelf/rack above the toilet. (storage space issues). I at least want to cover the pipes with the insulator jacket like Custom Craft Builders mentioned. If anything would look better underneath and/or provide more storage, please share! Also, the room is tiled all the way to the ceiling. It goes to solid white tiles at about chest height.
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 8:26AM
apple_pie_order
Please consider making both restrooms unisex. There are often far more women waiting for restrooms than men.
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 8:56AM
apple_pie_order
Put a shelf elsewhere, not over the toilet. Men leave the toilet seat up; things fall in. You do not need a bigger mirror.
1 Like   August 25, 2014 at 8:59AM
makaloco
Have you considered a urinal? It may be beyond your budget, but without it men will leave the seat up for sure, so I agree with apple_pie_order that there should be no shelves above the toilet. Hang a nice print or framed poster there instead. By storage, do you mean for extra tp, soap, paper towels, etc.? A small cabinet could go behind the door, or on the opposite wall next to the towel dispenser. Don't forget a tp holder and a trash bin for used paper towels.
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 9:15AM
This looks like an either/or public bathroom. Is that correct?

When I (reluctantly) use public facilities, I want to see clean, clean, clean. Not seeing that in this room. You need an automatic faucet which enables the water to go on with anyone touching it; you need a much better toilet; you need a urinal; automatic paper dispenser; hand air-blower; etc.
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 9:23AM
@teLiers HR
I'm trying to figure out my options to give it a fashionable, personal touch. Thx!!…. First….what is your touch ?
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 9:32AM
halfpint2
The sink is fine!
0 Likes   August 25, 2014 at 9:40AM
rachelworley79
Not understanding the question Atelier?
0 Likes   August 27, 2014 at 8:36PM
adivra
Personal touch in a public men's room? Somehow I think they'll do that themselves.
0 Likes   August 27, 2014 at 8:40PM
Experimenting on pendants in the bedroom!
Here’s a bedroom we are working on. Even when...
VANGUARD development
paint colors
I'm looking for neutral paint colors that will compliment...
3107highlands
Need help with a bar area in family rm. around corner from Kitchen.
Counter in kitchen is Esmeralda granite with blueish...
cecilygrand
Dining room Makeover
I am remodeling my dining room and need suggestions...
cinwalk
Mobile homes
Why are new mobile homes so dated when tiny homes can...
dallasgraduate