Need help with wall color
babo1722
Have granite in "ladies dream". Cream cabinets with a slightly washed look stainless pulls and appliances.
hayleydaniels
There's no way to give you an informed opinion without seeing the room. If you want that, post some pictures.
August 25, 2014 at 11:39AM   
babo1722
Close up of granite. Pic of kitchen from one end then the other
August 25, 2014 at 11:53AM   
hayleydaniels
I love your granite with the orange and greenish blue in it! Very nice.

If this was my kitchen, I'd try to find a color that would go with the bluish color since you have an orangish oak floor that works nicely with the orange in the granite. Depending on how much light you have, and other factors, you could go a shade or two lighter than that. Here are a couple of colors that I came up with to get you started:
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/blueecho http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/coloradogray http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/fantasyblue

If you decide to try to match the granite color, the best way I've found is to get paint swatches of the whole range of the color you're hoping to match. If they come more than one to a card, cut them up so you can lay them out on top of the granite to compare colors. You'll be able to take up most of them right off the bat leaving the ones that are potential matches. Now that you have these, carefully compare the colors looking for the same underlying color tone. Basically you want to make sure they look good together, and don't clash. Once you narrow it down to a couple of candidates, buy samples of the paint along with either small pieces of sheetrock [sold in the paint section for wall repair] or post boards so you can move your paint sample around the room to see how it looks in different light--the light in the room determines how the color looks. I just go through doing this with a very unusal old linoleum floor, and am very happy with the color I came up with. It took a couple of weeks and 5 paint samples, but it was worth it as the color works with the floor.
August 25, 2014 at 1:12PM        Thanked by babo1722
babo1722
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the advice.
August 25, 2014 at 1:34PM   
Need help on open kitchen and living area.
Need suggestions on kitchen, living room and dining...
Styling Book Shelves
In theory, I understand some of the concepts of styling...
How to update old dark stained cabinets?
I have a 25 year old house. The cabinets have been...
I need help with my backyard!!!
okay as you can see I use to have a pool in my backyard...
Just want a place that's relaxing!
Being a junior in highschool is stressful with lots...