Island
joegreenwald
April 17, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hi!! Do you know how many inchs you "cut back in" for the legs to the straight part on all four sides of island? Thank you
Brilliant! Lighting & Design
I believe you're asking about the amount of overhang where the stools are, correct?
Typically, anywhere from 9" to 14" works well, partly depending on the amount of overall space in the room, and relationship to other objects (wall, cabinetry, etc.).
April 17, 2012 at 1:30PM   
Martha O'Hara Interiors
On this particular island, the space cut out for the stools is 15" deep. Hope this helps!! Best!

Martha O’Hara Interiors
www.oharainteriors.com
April 17, 2012 at 2:14PM   
ebie1
We are doing a similar size island 12' wide x 4.5' deep and putting wall cabinets on the seating side for extra storage underneath, but cannot decide between a 15" deep cabinet and 15" deep overhang or 12" deep cabinet and 18" overhang? Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
December 23, 2012 at 8:02PM   
Martha O'Hara Interiors
Either of those options can be appropriate in the right situation, and I'm reluctant to give you any specific advice given how little I know about yours. I would recommend providing your cabinet maker and builder with the images that most inspire you and asking their advice for how to achieve that look. Good luck!
January 20, 2014 at 10:30AM   
furniture arranging in living room help!
I moved into this apartment in November, and I've tried...
Need help designing large living room/dining room
We are ripping out the tile and carpet and getting...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Help me finish our bedroom
I need help finishing our bedroom. I want the colors...
Curtains or Not? Master Bedroom
I have no curtains in my house at all! Question for...