Kitchen island accent
jacklyn919
Hi everyone,

I need help painting my kitchen island. I have an open layout house with the kitchen and great room all in one room. The whole room is painted Dorian gray by sherwin Williams. I would like to do an accent color to make the island pop! I am unsure what color to do..any ideas? I do not have a picture of the room painted in Dorian gray yet, as it is a new build, but I do have a pic of the island to get more of an idea of what I mean! The island is part drywall and part chocolate cabinets in the front of island. Thanks!
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
Benjamin Moore showtime (it is a gold color)
0 Likes   Thanked by jacklyn919    August 26, 2014 at 7:31PM
karielen
What will the countertop and backsplash be? I would work to coordinate them together.
0 Likes   Thanked by jacklyn919    August 26, 2014 at 7:37PM
Ann
Lots of homes have a similar open floor plan (mine included). I like it best when the drywall areas behind and around the island are painted the wall color. I'd start with Dorian Gray and live with it for a while. If you don't like it, it will be very easy to paint that little bit later. Our home was new like this 10 years ago and the decisions I've grown to like the best are the ones where I kept things nice and neutral. I can't see it closely, but what a beautiful countertop choice. Let that be the star! I'm hoping you have a simple backsplash in mind too.
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 7:44PM
jacklyn919
The countertop is granite in the color ornamental..we do not have backsplash as of right now, as we plan to get it in the near future after closing!
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 7:45PM
Ann
Here are some perfect backsplash ideas for "Ornamental", especially with the contrast of your dark cabinets. Please keep it all serene and simple. It's going to be a beautiful splace!
[houzz=Giallo Ornamentale Granite Counters]
[houzz=Willis Kitchen 1]
1 Like   Thanked by jacklyn919    August 26, 2014 at 7:50PM
jacklyn919
I was thinking possibly dovetail gray as it is similar to Dorian (one step darker) and will allow for some contrast, but will also be simple?
2 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 7:55PM
karielen
I might go with the Dorian Gray and wait until the backsplash is in to see if you want to paint the island a different color. My general feeling would be that if there is not much contrast between the wall and backsplash, I would be more likely to paint the island a different color. If there is more contrast between the backsplash and wall color, I would be more likely to keep the island the same color as, or close to the wall color.
1 Like   Thanked by jacklyn919    August 26, 2014 at 7:55PM
Paint kitchen island same color as accent wall?
Would it look too matchy-matchy if I paint my kitchen...
Paint kitchen island the same color as accent wall?
Would that look to matchy-matchy? I want to paint the...
Hallway Help!
Blank canvas new house - we need ideas for our entry/hallway!...
Need help identifying this baby furniture item?
A friend gave this to me and told me it was a walker...
Anyone have a Preferred RTA Kitchen cabinet company?
Would like to purchase our kitchen cabinets online....
I need help with a paper/canvas wall art idea
I want to do this on my wall above my bed in grey &...
Need help for my master bedroom
Please help me arrange with the positions of bed, wardrobes,...