Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachel720

Bedroom unit help (tall dressers attached to bed)

rachel720
9 years ago
Hi! A few years ago, we purchased this entire queen sized bed unit that has a ton of drawer space. There are two tall dressers (62 inches) attached to both sides of the bed. The unit had a back piece with an overhead panel attached as well. Here's the issue: We moved and our new house has a smaller bedroom. The back piece fell apart because we had to reassemble the unit for the move. This thing is solid wood (with veneers) and I am a bit dismayed by the lack of durability. As a result we are left with a bed and two dressers attached to it and a large amount of "white space" between the two dressers. We cannot move this against the wall because it would block two air vents, so it is about 8 inches from the wall. If we moved this to the other side, we would be blocking the window. I question why we bought this impractical monstrosity, but it seems utterly wasteful to ditch it. On the other hand, it looks a little awkward with these two giant dressers attached to a platform bed. How can we make this work? I don't have any images right now, but I will post one tomorrow.

Comments (3)