Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sg811

Modern bathroom tile in small bathroom

sg811
9 years ago
I have a small bathroom n thinking of doing a remodel. I am considering this ceramic tile made by Merolatile. I am not sure though how it would look in a small bathroom. Maybe after a while the lines would be too much? Any suggestions if u think it will be nice or too much

Comments (21)

• PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 years ago
    I like it. It will make your bathroom feel taller but not necessarily wider. I would also suggest that you stick with this single tile and add no accents to convey a sense of space. Remember that items such as towels, mirrors and even shower curtains can break up the lines.
  • sg811
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks For the reply we were actually thinking of putting the tile up horizontally with the lines west to east. I rotated photo to show it
  • happyleg
    9 years ago
    Then it will be better.
  • PRO
    Eskandari Stone
    9 years ago
    This tile will look nice for your small bathroom. Go for it.
  • sg811
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you, it has hints of blue n grey In it.
  • Lisa
    8 years ago
    Love the tile! What size is your bathroom and where are you using the tile?
  • Lisa
    8 years ago
    It looks great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Usman Farooq
    7 years ago

@sg811 nice jobs! where did you get that toliet from?

• sg811
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you. I got it On overstock.com I also seen it on home click.com and even houzz. Ariel bath makes it also Fresca makes a similar one
  • Usman Farooq
    7 years ago

Thanks so much. I am doing a very similar bathroom as yours as it is 5 x 7 as well. Already order cabinets but they are the wall mounted floating ones. Need to get a tub and toilet but these things are so expense for somewhat modern designs. I will check the two sites you suggested. Just curious, how much did you spend on your bathroom reno?

• Court G
    7 years ago

We are redoing our 6 x 8 bathroom. :/ I feel your pain.

• Usman Farooq
    7 years ago

@courtney. So far I project to spend $6.5K not including demo. About $4K to $4.5K to contractor and $2K for supplies. I am ripping the old NYC building apartment myself and it is not easy. :/ I wonder what are folks spending here.

• Court G
    7 years ago

We were quoted around 4K for bathroom remodel not including demo. It would be $700 more if we wanted to tile our shower instead of buying an insert. The 4K doesn't include toilet, vanity, and tile purchase.

• Terri Henderson
    7 years ago

We did a complete gut on a 5 x 7 bathroom that included rebuilding of rotten floor joists, insulation in the walls, reworking of a closet, new wood trim because original had been ripped out by previous owner, plumbing, electrical, new tub, toilet, sink, medicine cabinet, drywall, paint, vent fan, tile floors and walls... I think I covered it all. It was around $10K. (For Usman asking about cost.)

• sg811
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    It's hard to say a price because I redid my whole apartment with one contractor and the bathroom cost was included. An estimate I would say The toilet was about 500-$550 Grohe shower another $1000, vanity $1000, shower door I think $300, faucet $100 everything adds up depending on what style you choose.
  • Usman Farooq
    7 years ago

Thanks everyone for sharing this. :) I feel like better knowing I am not over spending. @sg811 your bathrooms looks great and I wish I can spend that much on bathroom fixtures.. sigh.

• Susan Sureda
    7 years ago

Believe it would be too much looking for flooring and small bathroom shower with the same product

• JoAnn Pistorius
    7 years ago
    The tile is beautiful! What is the name please?
  • Dream
    7 years ago

I would like to know the tile name too please. I'm in NY and shopping for tiles.

• sg811
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I'm not sure of the name of the tile but the company is Merola tile.

If you are in New York, there are a lot of tile stores on college point Blvd that have this
Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!