Lounge and dining area
Malieka Gierdien
August 29, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I would like to decorate this area as a lounge and dining area . Please advise I prefer or lean more towards modern lines any ideas. I would like to turn the wall into a feature wall
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ritasj
My first suggestion would be a few big pots w/dramatic foliage in the courtyard to draw the eye outside through those beautiful windows....I also like colorful quality area rugs to inspire color palette and define areas in such an open space..this allows the furniture choices to be more neutral and focused on comfort and flexibility of placement...A designer is always a good investment for a space such as this
2 Likes   August 29, 2014 at 12:46PM
afnowens
I would definitely use the far wall for a fireplace or water feature wall and build your lounge around that. Keep your walk way from the outside door clear and put the dining area on the other side of that. Love the idea of plants outside! Any particular color you want to work with?
1 Like   August 29, 2014 at 1:04PM
afnowens
Fireplace wall and lounge around it. Maybe with built ins.
1 Like   August 29, 2014 at 1:13PM
afnowens
Under the stairs, I could see shelves for books and accessories or a smaller water feature.
2 Likes   August 29, 2014 at 1:25PM
PRO
HomeStory Easy Door Installation
Love the water feature ideas and you have lots of space. It would be really beautiful!
1 Like   August 29, 2014 at 2:01PM
Malieka Gierdien
Thank you all for the inspiration the far wall has a built in wood fireplace the mantle is still to be built. I was thinking about doing a 3d wall paper on this wall to add some texture. I would like to put my dining table directly under the chandelier and was thinking to use a round glass table. I quite like the water feature at the wall at staircase but it might be to expensive to do this . I was thinking of using the same wall paper I would use on the far for this wall. I also purchased to hanging lights for the wall at the staircase and have made provisions where the lights will be attached. In addition I would like to put a huge wood framed mirror on this wall. Not sure if it will be too much please advise. I love the idea of the plants and rugs and will use this idea.
0 Likes   August 29, 2014 at 11:41PM