front loading washer
Linda Graham Interior Design
April 18, 2012 in Photo Questions
Has anyone found a good one that does not end up with a mold problem? Even leaving the door pen between washes seems to still be a problem with most models.
rybicki
I have LG front loaders and have never had a problem with a moldy smell.
1 Like   April 18, 2012 at 10:00PM
Kelly Myers
If you smell mold your using too much detergent whether your using reg or he detergent, cut back! I did and it worked!
0 Likes   April 19, 2012 at 5:52PM
jkmacdonell
I also have the LG front loader. Once a month I run the washer on the sanitary cycle and add an affresh tablet and wipe behind the gasket. I don't have mold issues.
1 Like   April 23, 2012 at 5:23AM
Karen Heffernan
I have LG too, and I use the Tide washer cleaner monthly have no mold issues, which is a first for me. This is my 4th front loader, and the first one I've had without this problem (I've had Maytag, Maytag Neptune, and Kenmore Elite).
0 Likes   May 3, 2012 at 8:00PM
katileigh
I have had a Bosch FL for about 5 years with no mold problems. I have not had to use a washer cleaner. On the advice of the salesperson, I use no more than 1/4 cup of HE laundry soap, sometimes a bit less. With soft water, more soap than that results in an over-suds condition.
0 Likes   May 9, 2012 at 6:54AM
ddem
I use very little soap only a couple of tablespoons. I use bleach in whites most of the time. I have so far no problems with mold or smell. I have a GE pair. Does a great job, quiet, cleans well ~has earned my love for them! I always wipe out the gasket area, wipe down the glass door and remove and dump any water in the dispenser drawer. Takes seconds to do and makes me feel better that mold will not grow and leave the door cracked a little. I understand that some of the new models now have a fan in them.
1 Like   June 10, 2012 at 3:43AM
shophlcmich
I have a Kitchen Aid purchased from Sears about 5 or 6 years ago - did the same things as ddem and have not had any problems with mold. Must leave the door cracked open 3 or 4 inches and you will not have a problem. I also fill the bleach cup when doing whites. Good luck!
0 Likes   July 29, 2012 at 6:47PM
joannahg
We have the Samsung steam w/d, no problems at all-- love them!
1 Like   July 29, 2012 at 7:12PM
aword
run a scoop of cascade dishwasher soap through it once a month. It has chlorine in it. cleans it up that what Sears told me to do.
I have duet. Not impressed. I can't get the clothes to dry without always the highest setting. Hate them but cost effective to run. We're on septic so low water is a must.
0 Likes   August 4, 2012 at 11:09AM
aword
0 Likes   August 4, 2012 at 11:09AM
Linda Venable
Bleach is very damaging. And Cascade has phosphates which create problems with the algae in the water supplies such as lakes, particularly the great lakes. I use a solution I get from an environmentally friendly company called melaleuca which cleans the inside of my washer amazingly well with only a very small capful in the wash each week. Check it out if you are interested in being "green"!
0 Likes   August 11, 2012 at 7:12AM
aword
thanks for sure green. Does it deal with the smell? These washer do get black mold in the doors and smell sour. I used the cascade a few time and it seem to deal with the issue for good. I also keep the door open.
I think Washington banned phosphates so if they sell it here is should be Ok. I'll check it out for sure.
0 Likes   August 11, 2012 at 8:18AM
Linda Venable
Actually, I was told to use this particular product in the wash to help with the sweat odor in work out clothes. It has helped a lot, both with the clothes, and with that sour smell that the front loaders get. I was really surprised when I opened the door and saw that it was clean! I really LOVE Melaleuca products, they work so well...
1 Like   August 12, 2012 at 5:54PM
Savannah Hogue
Tide has washing machine cleaners now, you dump it in the washer and run a cycle with hot water.
0 Likes   October 29, 2012 at 8:36PM
WESTON HEATING & COOLING, INC
Easy, buy a Samsung and add nothing to the wash :)
0 Likes   February 12, 2013 at 9:07AM
Anne Aaronson
Stop using Tide liquid and you won't have smelly towels anymore. I switched to Tide powder and its all gone.
0 Likes   May 23, 2013 at 7:52AM
troutdesigns
Use 1/3 to 1/2 cups white vinegar in the wash . Pour it in with your laundry soap. It cleans the washer with every load, and its a natural fabric softener as well. No moldy smell anymore. Vinegar also rids clothing of soap residue, especially if you have hard water.
1 Like   June 13, 2013 at 4:42AM
Front load HE washer? Top load HE washer?
We're building a new house and I'm hearing lots of...
janepmoore
What kind of washer dryer?? Top load - front load - stack 'em - ugggh
I am designing a laundry/mudroom. What's the best...
mnamor
How do I stack a top load washer and a front load dryer?
Small laundry room, would like to stack if possible....
Cyndi Whitehead
Stacking dryer on top of front loading washer, I'm 5' tall - mistake?
To save space in my very small laundry room, I am thinking...
acdcstrang
Kitchen Island Help!
We plan to have an island built for our kitchen as...
Dawn Steimel
new look
I want to remodle our family room. I want to bring...
negean
What are your home plans for 2015?
What have you got in store for your home in 2015? ...
help with kitchen backsplash
hi, im looking to put in a quartsite(slate) backsplash...
Michael & Christy Eubanks
need to know any cool ideas for kitchen
i did an amazing bathroom by Everlast Construction,...
Jolean Amiru