Need help with home office
jillarsen
Its yellow. And against the 80's oak it makes me wanna barf. The beadboard has a chincy wood trim above the white trim. We moved in last June, but have been unable to give this room much thought. I'd like to make it more professional looking with a clean, fresh look for our $4mil business we will be running out of here.
Jamieson
Okay understand why the hate on for the paint, it's like being trapped in a butter dish! I am however lovin' your floors! Think you should take a modern rustic approach to this space. Definitely replace that monstrosity on your ceiling!
EISNER DESIGN
Abelow Sherman Architects LLC
Vintage Gyro Ceiling Fan
You've got good bones, work with what ya got...and make some millions!
April 19, 2012 at 8:48am   
jillarsen
That fan is AWESOME! Anything but what I have now will do. The floors are great..the entire house has wood, no carpet, but it really needs a good refinishing. I'm thinking darkish grey walls and painting the trim around the bay window white...there is waaay too much wood in this house. Perhaps nixing the fan overall and putting in a ceiling light.
April 19, 2012 at 10:33am   
Get Back JoJo
I would love for the pictures to be upright! What kind of business will it be? How big is the room? Who is using it? What will it be used for? Will clients be sitting in there as well? The more information the more help I can give.
April 19, 2012 at 10:42am   
jillarsen
I would love for them to be upright too...I use aperture on apple and it will NOT turn them around, no matter how many times I go back and rotate. I apologize. I may not post any more pics until I can figure it out...it is quite annoying. I will be using it to do bookkeeping/accounting. We own a franchise business with two stores. My husband and I will be using it 99% of the time. We'd love a seating arrangement for our own personal meetings with management. The room is 14 x 16. We also have a bay window with dated blinds. Not sure what to do about them, either.
April 19, 2012 at 11:45am   
Get Back JoJo
Ok
I love the hardwood floor and honestly I don't mind the yellow...from the images it looks like a butter yellow but maybe in real life it gets too kids bright yellow? That being said: i would hire someone to build you built in desk areas whether it's Home Depot or California closets... I prefer Valet Closets(they are on HOUZZ I follow them) to do all my built-ins or a local cabinet maker.There are only 2 images of the room so it is hard to tell how low the window is to the ground. But I would do an l shaped or corner desk area with cabinetry/shelving above for organization. Most of these places that specializng in custom built-ins tailor to your budget and requirements. They can hide computer wires, etc too.

As far as window treatments go: clean roman shades, Hunter Douglas Duettes
or natural grass weave shades always look so nice. I have done them for bay windows as well and they always work nicely.

For what you say is a 4million dollar buiness then your office space needs to be in tip top shape! So you can succeed!
April 19, 2012 at 12:00pm   
Valet Custom Cabinets & Closets
Thanks for the kind words Get Back JoJo! Some advice for a home office - have a professional cabinetry designer help! It is very important to get full functionality out of the space (storage, wire management, lighting, countertop space). If you are in the SF Bay Area, please check us out at www.valetcustom.com and visit one of our showrooms to get a better understanding of what can be done in a home office. Thank you, Valet
April 19, 2012 at 12:32pm     
Get Back JoJo
That room SCREAMS for Valet to do some great stuff!
April 19, 2012 at 12:49pm     
Jamieson
Know that a bunch of links aren't the most stimulating things to look at, but just wanted to give you some ideas for a desk and seating for your conference area. Think this space could benefit by introducing an organic element (other than your oak and hardwood flooring) hence the mural suggestion that would go nicely with a grey, or maybe a world map would be more appropriate, so you can chart your business success as you slowly takeover the franchise world (interject evil cackle). Enjoy!
Architect Desk Table 72" -Steel Legs on Casters
Gap Chair by Khodi Feiz
Fritz Hansen Grand Prix Dining Chair 1
Fritz Hansen Grand Prix Dining Chair 2
Wrap Office Chair
Personal Home Tour
April 19, 2012 at 1:14pm   
I really need help. I need home office furniture. We are moving in
2 years or less. I need home office furniture that...
Need help with home office.
We are building a new home and my husband and I are...
Need help in decorating my home office/library
Hello, I need some ideas on how to decorate my odd-shaped...
Need help hiding computer wires in home office
How do you hide all the wires necessary for computer?...
Design can change as you need .
We have own designer , can Design a unique design for...
Bathroom Design Help
Hi guys. We're renovating an old house and are having...
Need ideas for exterior update
Ok- here is the front of our house- blech! The yellowish...
Help! What to do with empty spots!!
At the advice of you sweet Houzzers, I ditched my tall...
I hate this room! It's my playroom/ eating area I want to make it awes
There is a refrigerator round kitchen table small couch...