Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diema

Kitchen Backsplash

diema
9 years ago
I love the colors of the backsplash and sense that there are some decorative tiles as part of a border too. Can you please tell me who makes the backsplash?
Custom Craftsman · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Encore Ceramics
    9 years ago
    So glad to hear that you like it! The backsplash uses 4x4s by Encore Ceramics in the glaze Mirage (yes, that's just one glaze), and the decos are our 3x3 Nautilus. I can't tell from this distance what glazes are used on the Nautilus decos or the 1x1 mosaics, so perhaps the designer can fill in the blanks!
  • diema
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Can you tell me what tile and glaze is used for this backsplash tile made by Encore? The designer only said it was a custom glaze used: https://www.houzz.com/photos/2013-green-dream-home-contemporary-kitchen-minneapolis-phvw-vp~3252953
  • PRO
    Encore Ceramics
    9 years ago
    Yes, that is our glaze Storm. It is a single high-range glaze that is available on most of our products. Cheers!
  • diema
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Is there a particular color they selected for the Storm glaze or is Storm essentially the color blend?
  • PRO
    Encore Ceramics
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Great question! Storm is the only color, it's not a blend of multiple glazes. It's high-range, hand-applied to create this variation. Here's our glaze description for Storm: "A gray-violet with a light green sky blue base and occasional hints of rose. May appear light on high relief and dark on lower relief." This kitchen is a great example of the full range for Storm.