Need help about the living Room
Rania
September 1, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We hâve double living room open to the dining room.our dilemma is that we have a big open space where we have to live on daily basis ,eating and receiving our guest.we don't know to furnish it.we are willing to change all the old furniture.we already bought an L white leather sofa
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Allocate more closed storage spaces for toys and children's items and perhaps update the entertainment unit as well.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 5:23AM
PRO
Rania
Thank for your valuable opinion ,but our concern is about how to furnish this big space.as for the toys we will manage to put it in the children room.
Regards
0 Likes   September 1, 2014 at 5:47AM
carolins
Is your new sofa the same size as your current one? Then you'll need a different sized rug. I'm guessing that a square one would work better. Place it so that isn't up against the wall. Are there doors behind it that are blocked?
Your coffee table should be within reach of the people sitting on the sofa.
Resist the urge to place everything against the wall. Your dining table and chairs can probably be placed centrally in the room.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 5:54AM
carolins
If you want to add more photos of your room, you can do that by doing a comment under here. The 'attach images' button will appear.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 5:54AM
PRO
JudyG Designs
So far, your pictures are just showing the room from one angle. Could you take some more, with your back to the windows? Thanks.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 5:55AM
Gail Tobias
I agree with the other comments. I think it's just about furniture placement. If you move around your furniture & pull coach, etc away from the wall & relocate side tables, coffee table, etc then you will have a completely different flow. I do think you need a different rug size, pattern. You have a nice room so play with the furniture & post a pic.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 6:14AM
groveraxle
A floor plan with dimensions would be very useful.

Even though it's open, think of the area as two separate rooms. Float your dining table in the center of its area. Then float your seating in front of the TV. Don't line all your seating up against the walls. It ends up looking like a doctor's waiting room. ;-)
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 6:18AM
PRO
Rania
Thanks every body for your advices. For my new white sofa it's smaller than the old one .and for my coffee table i put it ther just because my daughter is 1 years old and try to walk:)
I agree with you that it's like doctors' s waiting room.in this space i have a lot of windows which is very beautiful but i feel that i make it horrible :(
I made a panoramic picture .
Thanks
0 Likes   September 1, 2014 at 7:41AM
PRO
Rania
Thanks every body for your advices. For my new white sofa it's smaller than the old one .and for my coffee table i put it ther just because my daughter is 1 years old and try to walk:)
I agree with you that it's like doctors' s waiting room.in this space i have a lot of windows which is very beautiful but i feel that i made it horrible.
Thanks
1 Like   September 1, 2014 at 7:42AM
PRO
LEICHT New York / LEICHT Westchester
To clean up the wall space and update it to a contemporary style, you may want to consider is this modular wall system that can be matched to your kitchen or home decor. The shelves can be easily changed or moved around and there is space for tv wiring behind:
NYC Showroom 1
NYC Showroom 2
2013 Collection 1
2013 Collection 2
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 9:26AM
groveraxle
Try arranging the new sectional so one leg faces the TV and the other leg faces the windows. If there's space, put a narrow sofa table behind the side nearest the fireplace. Use only one rug in this space.

Create a separate seating area with two chairs and a small table in front of the fireplace.
0 Likes   Thanked by Rania    September 1, 2014 at 12:55PM