Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtunes

Need help with Living Room Layout

Adam
9 years ago
Hi everyone. I have been using this page for a while for inspiration and tips as I am reforming an old flat and it has been very helpful in many aspects. Now however, I am reforming my living room and due to the fact it is quite narrow and designed 50 years ago when people didn´t take things such as the TV into account I am finding it extremely difficult to find the right place for things while keeping it open and spacious. I want to buy a new sofa or seating and can really not decide what the best option would be and no matter how i position things, every option seems to have a drawback. I am also currently having the walls smoothed and having new electric points put in so I really have to decide where everything is going to go. I was originally going to have the TV in front of the window and had the wiring done in a way that everything was close to the window, but now I realise that was a big mistake.

The Tv in front of the window apart from straining my eyes, just doesn´t look right so I think it must be the wrong place for it. Placing the sofa across the room makes the room look much smaller and leaves little space between the sofa and TV. I really don´t know what other options there are... Hopefully there is a solution which i am missing as this is frustrating me a lot and I need to make a decision soon.

I have also added a photoshopped concept i did of the room originally with a mural, but I am not sure about it now... I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Comments (4)