Finding the right white/tan for a global chic office
Lisa Habersack
September 4, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I am creating a home office, and want to use neutral colors, as I have many brightly colored travel treasures that I want to display. I am thinking I will get some kind of natural rug, so I need to make sure the walls are not too dark and matching the rug exactly. I plan to decorate with a white framed white mat gallery wall--I know that looks good on a white wall, but I am really looking for a warm, creative not clinical look. Ideally I could find the perfect shade of light tan that would keep the space both light, modern, fresh, and warm.

I also have a large storage cabinet that I just bought to display my travel items that I intend to repaint. Thoughts on the best color or two-tone paint job hues?

The first photo is an example of a wall color I like, but I don't know the name. The second is the display cabinet.

Thanks so much for your help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
Paint colors really need to be seen in person, on site, during different times of day for the best decision. Requests on Houzz for possible "colors" may help for a starting point may be possible, but a specific shade of white/tan can only be determined by you (perhaps with designer help) in person.

Having said that, White Dove, Swiss Coffee seems to be a popular "off white" color choice.
September 4, 2014 at 10:18PM