Bed placement
Helene
April 22, 2012
Hello...wether small or large I often see the bed being placed directly at the window....it has to affect heating as, normally, there is a heating grate under the windows....should one move the grate?....please I'd like an explanation....thank you.
Lauren Gries
In the majority of cases I would not recommend placing the bed in front of the window. For this room is was necessary, the be does not fit lengthwise and the feng shui would be completely off if it were switched to the other side. With that said, the bed was directly in front of the radiator and although it may have effected the heat flow slightly we never noticed any issues. To be safe, I set the bed a few inches away from the wall and radiator, I would recommend doing the same if there were a grate under the window.
    Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 6:07AM
AJD Interiors
Sometimes in a tiny space, that is the only option. As long as there is circulation under the bed, ( most beds do not sit directly on the floor) it's fine. Personally, I like the idea of the headboard at the windows; it's a nice way to wake up, and really makes the bed a focal point.
    Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 6:18AM
Helene
Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. I was thinking that nowadays grates probably don't need to be installed directly unders windows. I'm renovating a small two-bedroom 1964 bungalow and one of the rooms could only accommodate a double bed under the window.
    Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 10:21AM
We have a tiny bedroom with windows on two walls. The room really only fits a single bed, but we put an antique double bed (with headboard and footboard) in the corner so that it is perched in and between both windows. This placement makes the bed feel almost like a built in window seat or cozy bower when you are inside. Our son loves it. Plus it gets great cross drafts in summer.
    Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 10:31AM
Bed placement
I am having a hard time choosing a night table since...
mergi
Bed placement in corner
i have a small white bedroom and I am considering placing...
70years
bed placement
the king bed is placed on a wall with two windows but...
btirado244
Bed Placement in Master Bedroom
We would like to take advantage of the view In the...
mjd232
Proper Bed placement for Big Girl Room!
Ok IGNORE all the junk in this room..... Just keep...
ktapos
New couch and finishing touches
We have lived in our home for more than six years and...
amalids
Calculating amount of tile needed for backsplash
I am in the midst of having a new kitchen installed,...
sfskies
Help get me out of builder beige hell
I was 3 months pregnant and so sick when I was put...
mctwist26
What kind of window treatments should I use for a sliding glass door
The back of my house has lots of windows..it's going...
3vidorcats1
Rustic Chic Open Floor Plan
I just bought a house that has an open floor plan (that...
alexislascala