Bed placement
Helene
April 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hello...wether small or large I often see the bed being placed directly at the window....it has to affect heating as, normally, there is a heating grate under the windows....should one move the grate?....please I'd like an explanation....thank you.
Lauren Gries
In the majority of cases I would not recommend placing the bed in front of the window. For this room is was necessary, the be does not fit lengthwise and the feng shui would be completely off if it were switched to the other side. With that said, the bed was directly in front of the radiator and although it may have effected the heat flow slightly we never noticed any issues. To be safe, I set the bed a few inches away from the wall and radiator, I would recommend doing the same if there were a grate under the window.
0 Likes   April 22, 2012 at 6:07AM
AJD Interiors
Sometimes in a tiny space, that is the only option. As long as there is circulation under the bed, ( most beds do not sit directly on the floor) it's fine. Personally, I like the idea of the headboard at the windows; it's a nice way to wake up, and really makes the bed a focal point.
0 Likes   April 22, 2012 at 6:18AM
Helene
Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. I was thinking that nowadays grates probably don't need to be installed directly unders windows. I'm renovating a small two-bedroom 1964 bungalow and one of the rooms could only accommodate a double bed under the window.
0 Likes   April 22, 2012 at 10:21AM
We have a tiny bedroom with windows on two walls. The room really only fits a single bed, but we put an antique double bed (with headboard and footboard) in the corner so that it is perched in and between both windows. This placement makes the bed feel almost like a built in window seat or cozy bower when you are inside. Our son loves it. Plus it gets great cross drafts in summer.
0 Likes   April 22, 2012 at 10:31AM
Need help for my bedroom (bed type and placement)
I've been looking through various bedroom design pictures...
thatsonebadmf
placement of bed and window treatment
when redoing our master bedroom, I am not sure where...
patrick65
Proper Bed placement for Big Girl Room!
Ok IGNORE all the junk in this room..... Just keep...
ktapos
bed placement
the king bed is placed on a wall with two windows but...
btirado244
bed placement
Hi, What is at the foot of the bed? Any reason you...
skempowered
Carpet in LR or not?
Hi...I feel in bit of a pickle about whether or not...
955reber
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
Help for tiny Bathroom !!
I got a quite narrow bathroom with bad storage facilities....
Fia Haak
Would this light fixture work?
I'm replacing my dining room fixture and found this...
jhundman
Painting kitchen to match Ikea Adel cabinets (currently yellowed..)
To lighten up the kitchen area (and entry way) of my...
kathd185