Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denise_777

Kitchen Aid VS Jenn Air double wall ovens. HELP!

denise_777
9 years ago
I'm building a tract home and need quick advice on whether to go with Kitchen Aid or Jenn Air appliances.
Kitchen Aid
Jenn Air

Comments (7)

• hayleydaniels
    9 years ago
    Do your own research on what you want to buy instead of taking a poll on it! Do you really trust people you'll never meet to vote on what brand you buy?

Google the brand and name of each item you're thinking of buying with the terms 'reviews' and 'complaints' to see what you can find out.
    denise_777 thanked hayleydaniels
  • alwaysdesigning
    9 years ago
    Although I prefer GE appliances
  • nookyguy
    9 years ago
    what did you decide Denise? My head is spinning and I'm suffering from analysis paralysis.
  • denise_777
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I decided on a combination of brands-kitchen aid fridge, beverage center. Jenn air double ovens and dishwasher. As for my cook top I stretched my budget and went with Thermador. I found some of the money by going from a Jenn air fridge to kitchen aid. Saved a lot of money that way. I know Jenn air has taken a beating review-wise over the last few years but the features for their double ovens they offer really drew me in, plus I had an old Jenn air wall oven in our previous house and I really loved it. The self cleaning alone was reason enough for me to go with it. Our home still isn't built yet or I would give an update. I'll add experiences with performance at that point. Some folks recommend having matching appliances but in the end I thought the handles on the kitchen aid appliances matched well enough with Jenn air, unless the pro handle model is chosen. I didn't like the pro handles myself. One other piece of info: a friend of mine who owns a beautiful home in the Chicago area told me her repairman said he would put all kitchen aid appliances in because parts are readily available and inexpensive. I do know the price difference between Jenn air and kitchen aid is significant for very similar products but kitchen aid has the quantity discount advantage over JA. Hope that helps.
  • Janie Tate
    3 years ago

I think you should make sure the handles match if you use different brands. I havre been comparing KA and Jennair as well and they seem very similar in function but exterior design is different. The handles are different on kitchenaid and the two new lines of Jennair.

• denise_777
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes, this is a great tip. The handles are very different!