Do you know the paint color and technique used to get that turquoise on the sideboard? Trying to do the same.
libb
April 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
Susan Mills Design
Hi Libb that is a great kitchen and I love turquoise too. You can google search or go to youtube and look for distressed furniture. I found some good advice and tutorials there. I have done some work like this and demonstrated for a tv show but do not have a link for it. You can make it easier or harder depending on the finished look you desire. I can only see one color but if it has many layers of paint then it is a matter of painting, sanding, waxing and doing it all over again to get the finished result. Keep in mind that the color will darken when you end with the oil or stain.

When doing many coats of color then you can sand in between coats then add wax to the areas you do not want to have painted over. This is what gives you the many layered look reminiscent of an old piece of furniture.

You can do it!
April 23, 2012 at 8:11pm     
libb
Super helpful!! Thanks sooo much!!
April 23, 2012 at 8:38pm   
Need help with my living room
Kitchen and living room upgrade. Removing wall unit...
help to complete exterior addition
We are a little confused as what would look best to...
Design challenge, planning around weight bearing walls.
Just purchased a new home and looking to redo the current...
What color should I paint my walls?
Ok so the bedroom right now is a beach theme. My parents...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...