What a beautiful outdoor area. Where would I be able to order this retractable fabric canopy?
timinna
April 24, 2012 in Photo Questions
Arrow. Land + Structures
2 Likes   April 24, 2012 at 8:23PM
MAD Architecture
This was a custom design built by a metal fabricator and installed permanently on site.
2 Likes   August 8, 2012 at 12:35PM
bekkit08
i'm just wondering why the welds weren't painted, or was it welded on site and painted after the photo was taken? just a suggestion, but some swaged tubing, small pre welded stubs on swaged top rails, some predrilled holes and some bolts would have eliminated the need for welding on site and those big ugly weldments. less costly for labor, and much easier to install. steel could then be powder coated prior to install without worrying about the welding ruining it.
0 Likes   August 8, 2012 at 8:40PM
MAD Architecture
This was an early photo.The idea is the whole trellis rusts over. No knobby bolts. Actually, a very straight forward fabrication - not fussy, not ugly - and it is all rusted now for a consistent finish. I'd update the photo, but then we wouldn't have this interesting discussion!
5 Likes   August 8, 2012 at 9:26PM
busybelt
Has this capopy idea even been done with temporary supports? I have a large deck and would love the expanse of the canopy as opposed to a bunch of umbellas. One would need really secure supports of some type I would think. How high is the trellis? Love this!
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 8:59AM
MAD Architecture
I suppose one could embed something in a concrete footing and install a sleeve fitting post when needed. I have another canopy in my back yard that is attached to the house with hooks and cable spanning the width of the back yard. We take it down during the winter but the cables and hooks remain.
2 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 9:59AM
busybelt
Great idea. I like the house cables and hooks idea. ...May I ask the fabric you used? Thanks !
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 11:21AM
MAD Architecture
Sunbrella fabric for exterior awnings, etc.
2 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 11:25AM
dallasdawn
Any chance you have a photo to share of the canopy shades utilizing cables and hooks?
2 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 2:29PM
tstuart3524
Pete at Apple Awnings does beautiful cable and fabric canopies. I highly recommend him as a source.
0 Likes   September 6, 2014 at 7:28AM
Retractableawnings.com Inc.
timinna
I am not aware of the manufacturer of this product although it is something we will be manufacturing and adding to our website. This beautiful product is a retractable guide wire shading system. It will be the Perugina model. Please note, it is designed for sun protection only and not for rain or hail. Should you need a product for light/heavy rain or hail please consider one of the many models available at the link below:
http://www.retractableawnings.com/retractableawnings/Pdf%20-%20most%20recent/PATIO%20COVER%20MODEL%20COMPARISON%20-%20RETRACTABLEAWNINGS.COM-DAVID%20VERSION.pdf

Contact me (Eric) in the USA and Canada toll free at 1 (866) 438-2964 Ext. 1 or outside the USA and Canada at (305) 628-2424 Ext. 1 or via email at eric @ retractableawnings.com (no spaces) for additional information, questions or a quote.
0 Likes   December 5, 2014 at 8:15PM
Moving kitchen to screened deck
Just bought a house in Atlanta. Love the house, hate...
rs7623926
Help with family room accent pieces and furniture placement
We recently moved in and repainted the walls and ordered...
nikkiwit
Best Part of Living in the Midwest?
Do you or have you lived in the Midwest? What's the...
Need help choosing paint!
Want a grey paint for our main floor. Kitchen is brown:taupe....
kimba86
Need help planning the lighting for my new kitchen
I would need to know what kind of dimmers to buy and...
Daniel Ighani