Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marria77

Should I get an upholstered bed or just headboard? Pros and cons.

marria77
9 years ago
Hi guys,

I had planned on upgrading to a nice upholstered bed in 1-2 years. It's my dream to have a tufted headboard style.

We have a queen bed currently but planned to get a king whenever we got a new mattress, which we are super overdue for, but since we wanted to go organic the mattress we planned to get was close to 3k ans figured we needed to wait at least a year, probably 2 before we could get one. We just learned there is a big sale on the mattress we want and 0% financing and we may end up getting it in a few weeks even.

We definitely need a new bed frame and I am not sure if I should just go ahead and buy an upholstered platform bed (it's got to be under 800$) or just buy the frame and a cheaper headboard (seems like I can get one of those for about $350).

Thoughts on just headboard versus the platform bed? Will I regret not getting to full bed if I just buy a headboard? I would not want to nail the board to the wall since we rent and we have a baby that often sleeps in our bed and. I want to make sure it's safe and not something that is risky dinky.

Any thoughts or experiences to share?
Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH