Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debo91460

Need advice! My cats are shredding my beautiful Pottery Barn rug!

debo91460
9 years ago
I spent months looking for the perfect area rug for the condo I moved to. Then I was horrified by how my cats were immediately drawn to shredding it. It has a somewhat plush feel they obviously love. I have added more scratching posts, throw rugs, and have used up 2 bottles of scratch deterrent spray. I even sprayed catnip spray in their cat cubbies and other ok areas to try to lure them away. Then I covered the whole rug with (an ugly) piece of indoor outdoor carpet for protection until i could come up with a better solution. The minute the indoor outdoor covering started to slip a bit and expose a few inches of my beautiful rug , I caught them SHREDDING any exposed areas. I love my cats but also would like to enjoy my rug and make the room look decent. I've only had the rug a few months and can't afford to buy a new one but I am also open to any advice about a different type/ weave of rug to get in the future. I wish I had a cat whisperer but since I don't I am hoping that some if you might have some ideas. Thank you!

Comments (87)