Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: Which of these light fixtures fit your style?

Houzz Polls
11 years ago
Light up your modern living room! Choose which ceiling light is your favorite and tell us why in the comments!

Enter to win a $40,000 Modern Living Room from Houzz & DWR: https://www.houzz.com/photos/dwr-phbr0lbl-bl~l_129913

Comments (91)

• Brandi Johnson
    11 years ago
    I was torn between the fun light & the random light. However, the random light looks cleaner & more modern to me.
  • Gretchen125
    11 years ago
    Random light. Clean and simple.
  • marianal52
    11 years ago
    I love the sophistication of the drop pendant. Of the 5 it would fit my decor the best, it's classy without being fussy. Though the fun would be fun, it may be little to 'sparkly" for my room.
  • PRO
    Interiors By Beverly
    11 years ago
    Drop 1 is so casually elegant, it could be used anywhere.
  • eskybak
    11 years ago
    Drop 1 is so clean and elegant.... fantastic!
  • Tehreem Amjad
    11 years ago
    Fun11 seems to be both classy and elegent....
  • micdenrur
    11 years ago
    I had a hard time deciding between the Fun11 and the Random. I love the glamor and decadence of Fun 11 but ultimately I chose Random because it is simple yet elegant all at once. I can visualize it being utilized for both it's style and it's function in such a wide array of design styles and/or rooms. Also, I very much like random, unexpected elements in design and in life. I thought the name suited the light perfectly.
  • Frank
    11 years ago
    for sure the Fun 11 pendant light. It's so cool! I bet it twinkles and flutters with the breeze.
  • hunterbee
    11 years ago
    Give me the random. I lean towards modern and need something soft w/ curves to balance out my hard edges. Plus it's less distracting and reminds me of a soft moon. I'd love to have a room big enough to hang several of them at different heights. It'd be like my own planetarium....haha
  • hunterbee
    11 years ago
    Give me the random. I lean towards modern and need something soft w/ curves to balance out my hard edges. Plus it's less distracting and reminds me of a soft moon. I'd love to have a room big enough to hang several of them at different heights. It'd be like my own planetarium....haha
  • parastooduffett
    11 years ago
    I just love it
  • cyclee
    11 years ago
    I believe the use of lamps depends on the room. For the room in the picture, I'd pick either Drop 1 Pendant or Random Light. Both are modern and airy. The other choices don't seem to fit the style of the room well.
  • Frank
    11 years ago
    I like the Fun 11 pendent, it's the same style as the Dolce pendent from Corbett which I have installed in my hallway.

But my favorite one is the Random Light, I can think of a few places that I could put one of those.
  • sandicraft
    11 years ago
    I have recently overhauled my living "lounge" room. This little lighted gem would look fabulous lighting the way....I love the look.
  • meliz
    11 years ago
    The Satellite Chandelier has a very steampunk vibe that I really like.
  • lesolar
    11 years ago
    To me the Satellite gives you a conversation piece instead of just a generic source of light
  • PRO
    User
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I would go with the Satellite Chandelier. It is a classic vintage look that can become the focal point of any kind of design! Whether its modern, transitional traditional etc.
  • Momof5x
    11 years ago
    Going to be brutally honest if you don't mind *GRIN*- not anything I would put in the living room, maybe family den but not main living room anyway. All of them too simple, but I voted for the onion shaped one for one reason, its colour which is very much a touch of what is in most chandeliers in the ME.
  • swimmerohio2
    11 years ago
    All that is needed in this room is the moon! My vote goes to ramdom light.
  • megus
    11 years ago
    Random gets my vote; its dramatic, versatile and doesn't take up much visual weight.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    I like half of the light fixtures here :)
  • geo55
    11 years ago
    Shoot, I don't like any of these.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    I'm with you geo55. None of these would work for me :(
  • zenhome
    11 years ago
    Well of course they wouldn't work if you are not into modern interiors.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Not sure if you're referring to me, zenhome, but if you are you are mistaken. My favourite modern fixtures come from Flos although I do purchase a lot from Eurofase and Cyan Design. I just don't care for the particular ones pictured above. To each their own, I always say :)
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    There is a few I like but I picked the onion one as my favorite. Just something fun about it!
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 years ago
    If I have to choose I suppose it would be the pendant. Would love to see something new in a shape that makes sense over a table. Sorry!
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    My thoughts exactly, Karen. The Houzz Poll is asking what one we'd pick for a living room, and to be honest, I really dislike overhead light in a living room. I prefer layering lamp light with indirect light in display areas and a bit of recessed ceiling light where it makes sense. Much more welcoming, interesting and appealing, in my opinion!
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 years ago
    That darned ADD gets me every time! :) Well Cyn, I don't care for a single one, as I wouldn't want to put them anywhere. I was trying to be kind and gentle.
  • poison_narcisa
    11 years ago
    Onion pendant is beautifull, and I'm sure it could easely go into many diferently designed living rooms, but my vote goes to drop 1 cause of the sophisticated look.
  • dwright548
    11 years ago
    The onion pendant is fun and a certain conversation starter! I can also imagine a set of three of these in a soaring foyer or a two story staircase. I'm dying to see the pattern of light it casts on the walls.
  • dwright548
    11 years ago
    The onion pendant is fun and a certain conversation starter! I can also imagine a set of three of these in a soaring foyer or a two story staircase. I'm dying to see the pattern of light it casts on the walls.
  • dwright548
    11 years ago
  • dwright548
    11 years ago
  • dwright548
    11 years ago
  • margrietvanderduin
    11 years ago
    It makes me happy! i like the round shape and it is light and soft.
  • margrietvanderduin
    11 years ago
  • margrietvanderduin
    11 years ago
  • ichivivi20
    11 years ago
    The Satellite is fun and quirky!
  • panzyzz
    11 years ago
    The Fun 11 light is fun and classy. Its all about the circles! Plus, I'm sure when the light is on that it reflects off all those shiny circles making it even prettier. That it, its pretty!
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Lord have mercy! These are the options? I'm speechless. I think Houzz needs to do a better job with curating the options for their Polls. Sorry. I didn't realize this was an old poll. Glad to see I'm at least consistent in my feelings and getting more testy, to boot!
  • Louise Gibbons
    11 years ago
    Random light -simple and elegant
  • ktiquet
    11 years ago
    Pendent 11 makes me think f the beach, in such. A glamorous way! Love it
  • sanasulemaan
    11 years ago
    I thnk all r good bt it look nice when it put at correct. Place
  • sanasulemaan
    11 years ago
    Nothing is good nothing is bad....men made it all.......
  • sanasulemaan
    11 years ago
    I' m sorry I don' t know too much english....bt I. Hope u were understand my view.
  • Susanna
    11 years ago
    The fun 11 light because it's a little sparkle and shimmer.
  • 7weed1
    9 years ago
    It was a close call between 3 of them. Definitely not onion or pendant. There is something understated but glamorous and warm about Mother of Pearl.
  • sandisoup
    9 years ago

Love the bling!

• PRO
    Barn Light Electric Company
    9 years ago

Those are all so fun!