Lighting and headboard
wongson
April 26, 2012 in Photo Questions
Your design inspired our current murphy bed look! I'm wondering how you installed your sconces as my guess is that they're not permanent fixtures so the bed can go up. Do they slide off of something? Are the wires exposed? Also, is the headboard part of the murphy bed or is that a separate piece? What is it made of?
Frank
All that glass on the high shelf above is an earthquake hazard!
April 27, 2012 at 10:27am   
soozy
My bedroom is designed very much like this. We do not have a murphy bed and the two lamps we have in the same location are hard-wired.
April 27, 2012 at 12:51pm   
Jeanne Finnerty Interior Design
frank, I assure you that we are on solid ground here in historic charlestown. i will have a lot more worries than broken glass if we had an earthquake- like the bunker hill monument across the street!
May 11, 2012 at 3:28pm     
Jeanne Finnerty Interior Design
This is not a Murphy bed but, an alcove. 12" deep at shelving, and 18" at the base cabinet. The headboard is a very tight slipcover, sewn in two fabrics-
I have designed murphy beds with small swing arm lighting with the bookcase area-
it was easily moveable when the bed was not in use.
May 11, 2012 at 3:34pm     
wongson
Thx for the response! Do you have any images of the swing lighting you've installed on murphy beds or links to products that you've used? Were you able to hide the cords or were they cordless? Finally, what did you do with the gap between the wall and the mattress? Lean pillows over it?
September 22, 2012 at 6:20am   
Sheryll Lyn
I think this is just gorgeous! My bedroom is so very tiny and I was thinking of building open shelving on the sides and I have a window to do shelves over and also thee is a slightly vaulted ceiling to deal with (another reason for the 'open' shelves. I am also thinking NO bottom side tables for a more spacious, open look?
March 27, 2013 at 8:07am   
Lordy Lordy, Margo's -
Actually, I don't know how old Margo is, but I do know...
Green grass cloth accent wall
What color furniture and area rug would work? We are...
Fireplace and TV configuration help needed!
We've just moved into a new home, and we'd like to...
Looking for hardwood floors
We have an old renovated farmhouse and we want to take...
Bedrooms in a Grade II listed house
Could I please have comments/advice of placing the...