Pantry
funfamily44
I have a 48" wide by 44"deep pantry area next to my 48" built in panelled refrigerator. I am having a problem finding solutions to use all this space. I was thinking pull out pantries, but can only find 22 inch deep ones. Please help.
Kelli Kaufer Designs
Do you have photos? That would help tremendously.
0 Likes   April 30, 2012 at 7:08PM
Hi winelady42, the dimension of the pantry you described could be classified as a walk-in pantry, therefore it would be more practical to have a U or L shaped shelving system so that you can reach the items in the back of the pantry.

Depending on the access to the pantry, if it's a cabinet type doors, you can attach some storage in the back of the cabinet doors for ease of access.

0 Likes   April 30, 2012 at 8:06PM
funfamily44
Thanks for this picture and your suggestion. Does that middle piece slide from side to side so you can reach the back, or does it swing over?
0 Likes   April 30, 2012 at 8:39PM
funfamily44
Here are a couple of pictures from the designer and cabinet maker. The pink shaded area is the available space for a pantry.
0 Likes   April 30, 2012 at 9:16PM
funfamily44
The dimensions are more like 44" deep and 36" wide, but as you can see there is space behind the refrigerator, not sure I can do anything with that,
0 Likes   April 30, 2012 at 9:19PM
Kelli Kaufer Designs
I would get in contact with a kitchen closet/storage specialist that probably has many different options so you can customize the space to your liking and to your measurement restrictions.
0 Likes   May 1, 2012 at 6:11AM
funfamily44
Tried, and they are saying to use pull outs, just thought there might be a better option out there :)
0 Likes   May 1, 2012 at 6:33AM
Kelli Kaufer Designs
http://www.kitchensource.com/pantry/rv-4wbsp18-25.htm# http://www.kitchensource.com/pantry/rv-5360-73-14-gs.htm
I am sure if you give them a call they may be able to help you customize your space.
Hafele has great products as well and their kitchen storage units were quite impressive at the KBIS show in Chicago last week, we actually filmed them for the DIY Network for the yearly spcecial on new innovative products for 2013.
0 Likes   May 1, 2012 at 6:56AM
funfamily44
Thank you, I will have a look.
0 Likes   May 1, 2012 at 11:49AM
Best off-white/cream color for kitchen?
Our dining area is open to the kitchen but has no window....
english cottage
bottom line-I want to live in an english cottage. And...
Help me create an entry way with a subtle wow!
Please someone help me with my 13 foot high entryway...
New sectional sofa...now what?
I am looking for advice for my family living space....
can you install a shower bench to an existing shower
We were able to expand on shower to be 5 ft x 4 ft...