Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thymeless1

What scent says "clean" to you.

Another Thyme
9 years ago
When you walk in the door of any home what scent would make you think the house was a clean one? If you say "other" please say what scent you are thinking of, beginning your response with the scent.
Other
Pine
Linen
Ocean

Comments (34)

• Luba Carlson
    9 years ago
    lemongrass or rosemary
  • Sarah Arneil
    9 years ago
    Eucalyptus. ...or lavender
  • sissy49 Shopa
    9 years ago
    French lavender or lemon.
  • PRO
    Sierra Living Concepts Inc
    9 years ago
    Lavender or citrus
  • dreamhomechicc
    9 years ago
    I agree with lavender or lemon. Funny haha I actually love the smell of washing powder and freshly washed/dried linen or clothing, so when my mum bought an air fragrance for the lounge that goes off automatically I thought I'd love the 'fresh linen' scent turns out I hated it so now I stick to smelling real fresh linen haha :)
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9 years ago
    I love the smell of "clean". If I had to choose I would go with clean linen, etc. anything that smells fresh and clean. I shy away from lemon, fruits, etc. I love lavender candles, but other than that I go with linen, ocean fresh, mountain breeze, etc. All of which simply smell like different versions of the linen smell.
  • bgfuqua
    9 years ago
    no scent - I am allergic. feel scented homes are covering up something.
  • skagitnana
    9 years ago
    Lavender, rosemary, citrus, apples. Or my fave, fresh air that just smells like fresh air.
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    9 years ago
    No scent...it would be easier to say what scents make me think the house isn't clean.
    I can handle fresh baked bread or baked goods, though.
  • makaloco
    9 years ago
    Good ol' chlorine bleach says "clean" to me. But I'd far rather smell cinnamon or cloves.
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    Bleach really does smell clean...but it is not a good smell.
  • M Rene Designs
    9 years ago
    Citrus or lemon
  • Eva Lutz
    9 years ago
    depends on your environment .... pine in the countryside, linen in an urban area, ocean .... well that's obvious ..... I often use woodsy nots in our country house
  • Eva Lutz
    9 years ago
    woodsy notes .... sorry
  • brelo
    9 years ago
    Le ingratas or lavender.
  • bschr
    9 years ago
    Love the smell of sheets straight from the clothesline so I guess the fresh smell of linen would be my choice.
  • Momof5x
    9 years ago
    -Floral disinfectant tells my sons that house has just been cleaned and lavender or Jasmine scents, they love the fresh smell.

- Not just that but potpourri with scented Rose, or Orange oil perfume , place them in TV cabinets too, a nice smell comes out when you open the doors.

- Scented candles in the bathrooms like vanilla or strawberry.
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Scents that are connected to fresh air smell clean to me. Pine, ocean, mountain breeze, spring water and linen (lined dried sheets) are all connected to fresh air.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • PRO
    Design Solution Group
    9 years ago
    All of the above!
  • Anya
    9 years ago
    Lemon or vanilla
  • Anya
    9 years ago
    Almond extract
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Jasmine #BeSeenBeSafe
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9 years ago
    NO smell. Scents can cause migraines. A home without a scent is a home I like to visit. After dealing with a migraine because of someone's scented home...I would be loath to go back to. Needless to say the "cleaning isle" is my most hated area in any grocery store.
  • pickyvicky
    9 years ago
    I like my Asian Spice candles...has a little bit of a soapy smell mixed in.
  • grobby
    9 years ago
    Fresh morning air. I go easy on artificial scents but I do like a drop of lavender on my pillow.
    It's very relaxing.
  • wickedxx
    9 years ago
    I voted linen. But I prefer lemon. However I find my eyeballs function better at seeing if it's clean, rather than my nose.
    Pine is a dreadful scent. Ocean chokes me.
  • kdhiggins
    9 years ago
    Fresh air. spring,summer, fall especially. Winter is a bit too cold in Canada to leave the windows open. Freshly washed clothes are nice too.
  • Natalie
    9 years ago
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Freshly brewed coffee.....
  • User
    9 years ago
    murphy's oil soap.
  • everdebz
    9 years ago
    lemon verbena
  • Debbie White