What do you think of this laundry room?
Jade Stone Ltd.
May 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
jansgirl
I wish it was mine.
May 4, 2012 at 9:21pm   
Matt Patterson Custom Homes
I seems a bit tight!
May 4, 2012 at 10:34pm   
Mona Ives
I like except the natural light from the transom seems cut off. Wish there was a way to create more light - perhaps the fixture is beautiful but not bright enough?
June 5, 2012 at 3:34pm   
anniebythebay
Hello too tight ? I think most folks would be in love with this space...it seems quite funstional with a ton of storage...love that the ceiling does not go all the way up...great for ventilation...
June 5, 2012 at 3:36pm   
Mint Design
I would prefer it to be a clean white and to stack the units so it would not feel so tight.
June 5, 2012 at 3:47pm   
anniebythebay
You must to be use to gigantic laundry rooms I dare say an average laundry room is perhaps 7' X10' ....enough space for washer dryer maybe a closet and if you are really lucky somewhere to fold or hang clothing....or maybe a sink.....
June 5, 2012 at 7:19pm     
Mint Design
I am, however the question was what do you think of this laundry room and I think people are simply answering the question.....not intending to offend.... :)
June 5, 2012 at 8:38pm   
mbuschow
Very nice, but a little dark
June 5, 2012 at 8:49pm   
dmeaton
Love it, the colors the design. For me the more room you have, the more of a mess you can make. Feels calm. A nice place to do a common household job.
June 5, 2012 at 9:27pm   
It looks very high end and a little dark, but I would love to have it . Looks like it could also be used as a wet bar.
June 5, 2012 at 9:43pm     
To be brutally honest, it looks overkill for a laundry area. I know this is what you do but I wonder how realistic this is ?
June 6, 2012 at 6:20am   
Joseph I. Mycyk Architects, Inc.
It looks better than some kitchens.

I wouldn't doubt it makes doing laundry a more pleasant experience.

Great!
June 7, 2012 at 6:25am   
Jade Stone Ltd.
It's a great use of the space provided!
June 7, 2012 at 7:17am   
Dar Eckert
It needs a place to hang clothes or maybe there is a hidden spot for that. I really have no need for that much storage space in my laundry room although I would like a cabinet to put clothes hampers or baskets into. Is there a built in ironing board?
June 7, 2012 at 7:29am   
msjaxie
It's very attractive and functional. I"d love to have all the workspace. I like the open transom, but I'm wondering about the noise level.
June 7, 2012 at 7:34am   
thebrookster
My husband is in the process of re-doing our laundry room. I had the white cabinet-painted walls- mentality going on until I saw this photo. This pic is making me change my entire design idea. Thanks for sharing. Your laundry room is absolutely beautiful.
June 7, 2012 at 7:36am     
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
Beautiful room. I'd like to know how they accomodated the ironing board, and like to see more pictures of the area.
June 7, 2012 at 3:58pm   
Dar Eckert
Personally, I would rather have a window to look out of when folding clothes rather than all the cupboards. The cupboards would be useful if the room was close to kitchen-dining room where they could hold table linens or near the bedrooms where they can hold bed linens and towels.
June 8, 2012 at 6:03am     
Julie Atkinson
I agree. A window would be perfect!!!!! Laundry rooms should be filled with light.
June 8, 2012 at 11:21am     
3D-Tile-Design - Bertram Tasch
I also agree. Working in rooms which are filled with light is just more comfortable and a window would be a huge benefit. However I also like lots of well organized storage room.

Just to give you some ideas, here are two (actually 114) short videos which are shown functional furnitures for small apartments. Unfortunately they are all in German, however you don’t really have to understand what they are talking about because you'll see how it works.

A hidden ironing board

A hidden washer & dryer (it’s an all in one machine)

Regarding the light. Dark furniture “swallows” the light. So it would be better if the furniture was brighter. But just white would look in my opinion too sterile. I also feel the wood paneled ceiling is too massive. It overwhelms/squashes me. The ceiling and the walls above the cabinets should definitively be painted in a very bright color. This would reflect the incoming light and makes the room brighter.

In addition to this I would install a skylight. http://www.velux.ca/en/consumer/products/sun_tunnel_skylights http://www.velux.ca/en

Regards,

3D-Tile-Design - Bertram Tasch
Maple Ridge, BC (Greater Vancouver) http://www.3D-Tile-Design.ca

top left picture = before - top right pictire = after
June 8, 2012 at 12:34pm   
Ana Hpping
I find it elegant and classy like a fine cocktail bar. I can picture a silver ice bucket on the marble counter, red long stem roses. Socks and soap would be totally out of place.
June 8, 2012 at 12:37pm     
How should I bring some life and spunk in this room?
I live in an apartment in Mumbai, Infia. Here, like...
Fireplace hearth quandry... Need decision!
So getting new hardwood in living room...had to take...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...
Need help finding complimentary color for SW 1179 Seafoam Green
My master bath was just painted SW Seafoam Green. I...
Biggest learning from a renovation?
Whether it's your first renovation project or your...