Mediterranean Exterior Color HELP!
joynaq
May 6, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am in desperate need of help selecting exterior colors. My husband and I are building a house similar to the one pictured. We have added a balcony and headers/lentils above all windows. The windows will be 3-light wood clad casement in a dark bronze color (no arches). The headers are cypress and will be stained (what color?). The house has exposed rafter tails along the front and sides. I am leaning towards a white exterior with blue shutters. I have no clue what color blue or what to do with the garage doors. The roof will be Certainteed Landmark in Weathered Wood. I am not going with the ugly door pictured in the elevation. Instead, I'm using a Spanish Cedar 3-light double door. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks for the help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
The great thing about you roofing choice is that it allows for a wide range of colors on the house.

If you go white, I'd go with a warm or creamy white. Benjamine Moore has a exterior paint booklet that has one page for a Medittaranean style home. http://media.benjaminmoore.com/WebServices/prod/ColorCard/ExteriorPaintColors_US/index.html I like Peau De Soie on the base and Covington Blue HC-138 for the shutters. These colors will look great with the window and roof colors.

If you are thinking of a darker blue, try Hudson Bay 1680 for the shutters and Spanish White 943 for the base of the house. Or a lighter blue, Solitude AF-545, with Spanish White.

See: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/spanishwhite#ce_s=blue
0 Likes   May 6, 2012 at 3:32PM
joynaq
Thanks for the help! The BM website certainly pointed me in the right direction. I love the color combinations you suggested!
0 Likes   May 21, 2012 at 9:26AM
Nancy Hehmann
You can also put Mediterranean home in houses search engine and a ton of pics pop up showing beautiful home with great color combinations. I would browse those. They all look great!
0 Likes   September 14, 2012 at 7:42AM