Mediterranean Exterior Color HELP!
joynaq
I am in desperate need of help selecting exterior colors. My husband and I are building a house similar to the one pictured. We have added a balcony and headers/lentils above all windows. The windows will be 3-light wood clad casement in a dark bronze color (no arches). The headers are cypress and will be stained (what color?). The house has exposed rafter tails along the front and sides. I am leaning towards a white exterior with blue shutters. I have no clue what color blue or what to do with the garage doors. The roof will be Certainteed Landmark in Weathered Wood. I am not going with the ugly door pictured in the elevation. Instead, I'm using a Spanish Cedar 3-light double door. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks for the help!
houssaon
The great thing about you roofing choice is that it allows for a wide range of colors on the house.

If you go white, I'd go with a warm or creamy white. Benjamine Moore has a exterior paint booklet that has one page for a Medittaranean style home. http://media.benjaminmoore.com/WebServices/prod/ColorCard/ExteriorPaintColors_US/index.html I like Peau De Soie on the base and Covington Blue HC-138 for the shutters. These colors will look great with the window and roof colors.

If you are thinking of a darker blue, try Hudson Bay 1680 for the shutters and Spanish White 943 for the base of the house. Or a lighter blue, Solitude AF-545, with Spanish White.

See: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/spanishwhite#ce_s=blue
0 Likes   May 6, 2012 at 3:32PM
joynaq
Thanks for the help! The BM website certainly pointed me in the right direction. I love the color combinations you suggested!
0 Likes   May 21, 2012 at 9:26AM
Nancy Hehmann
You can also put Mediterranean home in houses search engine and a ton of pics pop up showing beautiful home with great color combinations. I would browse those. They all look great!
0 Likes   September 14, 2012 at 7:42AM
Help with Mediterranean Home Colors
Hi! I have a home currently being built and am having...
Shara Hart
Precast vs real stone for exterior of Mediterranean house
Precast is much less expensive but not as attractive...
nedavossoughi
Mediterranean Exterior
Hi All I am building a new house with Mediterranean...
rajdeep79
Country style vinyl exterior with a Mediterranean style Interior?
Hello! Just bought a new home as an investment property...
Harleen Khaira
On the exterior of a mediterranean house
I want stucco,brick and cultured rock for the exterior...
be4dawn
Need help with Tiki Bar
Hi, I am looking to convert an ugly shed next to...
aoanta
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
My girls room. Where to start!
This room is 11x15 feet. I have two girls aged 4 and...
dalirn
rredpenn
Who's my candidate?
I'm so so ready to decorate someone house!! I live...
Erica Heard